Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

At this point in my life, I am very fortunate. I work four days a week and two of those from home. So I do get to spend some time with my chickies. My DW's job is much more demanding in that she rarely gets home before 6:30 - 8:00 PM. So ... I usually have dinner ready when she walks in the door. I hear you on housework! Since I am home so much the bulk of that has fallen to me and it is NOT intellectually stimulating at all. I usually procrastinate until I have to get it done and then work like a madman to get it wrapped up. Is it appreciated? Mostly but there is usually a question of "What else did I accomplish?" Life goes on. :)

My chickens keep me occupied since I hate housework. There is nothing to housework that keeps my mind occupied, It's just useless since it is suppose to be done everyday same things everyday. Nothing different. I can clean all day and when DH and GS gets home it's all undone. So why bother. Don't get me wrong, I do clean but I wouldn't eat anything that fell on my floor. When I go outside I wear my rubber boots and at the door I take them off and put on my crocks. They just walk right in and walk around no matter if they are trailing mud or not. So my chickens keep me sane by occupying my mind. I don't make any money off of them. Everything I make goes back into them with feed or show entries and other necessities they need.

I feel your pain!...
hugs.gif

We have been doggy sitting .. those dogs plus my dogs and the mud they decide to make.. well.. my floors never stay clean for very long! (good thing we don't have carpet)..
The dogs get bathed.. the floors get mopped.. and then they run outside and play in the water tub .. or the rain when we have any .. then track a mess right back in... it's a never ending battle
he.gif

At this point in my life, I am very fortunate. I work four days a week and two of those from home. So I do get to spend some time with my chickies. My DW's job is much more demanding in that she rarely gets home before 6:30 - 8:00 PM. So ... I usually have dinner ready when she walks in the door. I hear you on housework! Since I am home so much the bulk of that has fallen to me and it is NOT intellectually stimulating at all. I usually procrastinate until I have to get it done and then work like a madman to get it wrapped up. Is it appreciated? Mostly but there is usually a question of "What else did I accomplish?" Life goes on. :)

lol.. my husband knows how frustrating housework is.. especially when you live out in a dustbowl and have critters.. if it's dry the wind blows dust everywhere (no point in washing the cars.. they end up looking tan anyway)... and if it rains that lovely dirt turns into gooey mud... it's a no win situation
hide.gif

So the house gets cleaned everyday.. and he knows better than to complain if there is something I just didn't get to that day.. with raising the poultry, mini horses, assorted dogs and cats and other critters he knows that tending to them is a full time job most days.. I log in here when I'm taking a break since my back can't handle standing all day long like it used to.. even at that some days I don't log in at all just cause I'm too darn busy..

MUST RESIST!..... grr....

dare I trust the usps in Austin again?.. they sent a box of eggs to harker heights post office today for delivery.. I don't live anywhere near there... and they refused to answer the phone all frickin day so I could find out where they were..
he.gif

my post office told me the eggs were being sent BACK to austin and would have to re-route back to me.. they are gonna be soooo scrambled...

My chickens keep me occupied since I hate housework. There is nothing to housework that keeps my mind occupied, It's just useless since it is suppose to be done everyday same things everyday. Nothing different. I can clean all day and when DH and GS gets home it's all undone. So why bother. Don't get me wrong, I do clean but I wouldn't eat anything that fell on my floor. When I go outside I wear my rubber boots and at the door I take them off and put on my crocks. They just walk right in and walk around no matter if they are trailing mud or not. So my chickens keep me sane by occupying my mind. I don't make any money off of them. Everything I make goes back into them with feed or show entries and other necessities they need.
I feel your pain!...
hugs.gif
We have been doggy sitting .. those dogs plus my dogs and the mud they decide to make.. well.. my floors never stay clean for very long! (good thing we don't have carpet).. The dogs get bathed.. the floors get mopped.. and then they run outside and play in the water tub .. or the rain when we have any .. then track a mess right back in... it's a never ending battle
he.gif
We have dark wood floors, and six dogs (our four and my fathers dogs when he came to live with us.) all dogs are trained to wait until their name is called then to come in sit on a towel and get each foot wiped off (then they blaze around the house!) I only let them out one or two at a time in the rain...they get used to this routine very quickly...AND it saves me from getting crap all over the floors.. still get little wet paw prints near the door that I can see in the right light!:/ to bad my humans can't be trained so well! :rolleyes: Edited for wrong words! Auto fix that never fixes!

Last edited:
Quote: We have dark wood floors, and six dogs (our four and my fathers dogs when he came to live with us.) all dogs are trained to wait until their name is called then to come in sit on a towel and get each foot wiped off (then they blaze around the house!) I only let them out one or two at a time in the rain...they get used to this routine very quickly...AND it saves me from getting crap all over the floors.. still get little wet paw prints near the door that I can see in the right light!
hmm.png
to bad my humans can't be trained so well!
roll.png

Edited for wrong words! Auto fix that never fixes!
SO true!!!! My kids . . .my husband!!

Dogs came in and wiped feet on the runner rug as they ran it!! Sure helped.

Quote:
we need a new runner rug.. the old one resides at the local dump... this time last year we had 12 dogs (not all ours mind you).. we're down to 9 now..
only have 5 that are ours.. the others were SUPPOSED to go back to their home a couple of months ago.. but due to circumstances beyond anyone's control they ended up extending their stay.. hopefully their daddy gets back soon!

in the meantime.. i need to get another runner for the back door.. or start teaching them to sit down for paw wiping...

Last edited:
I don't have time to wipe paws!! THe dogs have their own yard to play in and it is covered in grass, so minimal mud. But it added up w ith 4 large dogs.

Yinepu, time for another runner rug!! Or anything similar.

I don't have time to wipe paws!! THe dogs have their own yard to play in and it is covered in grass, so minimal mud. But it added up w ith 4 large dogs.

Yinepu, time for another runner rug!! Or anything similar.

I don't have time to wipe paws either.. but it's gotta beat all that floor mopping!..
lau.gif

hmmm... maybe I can get the cats to lay down in a nice row... purring door mats
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom