Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by DMRippy, Mar 14, 2013.

1. HaplessRunner

HaplessRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    Boston, VA
    At this point in my life, I am very fortunate. I work four days a week and two of those from home. So I do get to spend some time with my chickies. My DW's job is much more demanding in that she rarely gets home before 6:30 - 8:00 PM. So ... I usually have dinner ready when she walks in the door. I hear you on housework! Since I am home so much the bulk of that has fallen to me and it is NOT intellectually stimulating at all. I usually procrastinate until I have to get it done and then work like a madman to get it wrapped up. Is it appreciated? Mostly but there is usually a question of "What else did I accomplish?" Life goes on. :)

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I feel your pain!... [​IMG]

We have been doggy sitting .. those dogs plus my dogs and the mud they decide to make.. well.. my floors never stay clean for very long! (good thing we don't have carpet)..
    The dogs get bathed.. the floors get mopped.. and then they run outside and play in the water tub .. or the rain when we have any .. then track a mess right back in... it's a never ending battle [​IMG]

3. yinepu

lol.. my husband knows how frustrating housework is.. especially when you live out in a dustbowl and have critters.. if it's dry the wind blows dust everywhere (no point in washing the cars.. they end up looking tan anyway)... and if it rains that lovely dirt turns into gooey mud... it's a no win situation [​IMG]

So the house gets cleaned everyday.. and he knows better than to complain if there is something I just didn't get to that day.. with raising the poultry, mini horses, assorted dogs and cats and other critters he knows that tending to them is a full time job most days.. I log in here when I'm taking a break since my back can't handle standing all day long like it used to.. even at that some days I don't log in at all just cause I'm too darn busy..

4. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    </div>
    </div>

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  5. yinepu

6. chick-among-us

chick-among-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2011
    Dayton,Texas
    We have dark wood floors, and six dogs (our four and my fathers dogs when he came to live with us.) all dogs are trained to wait until their name is called then to come in sit on a towel and get each foot wiped off (then they blaze around the house!) I only let them out one or two at a time in the rain...they get used to this routine very quickly...AND it saves me from getting crap all over the floors.. still get little wet paw prints near the door that I can see in the right light!:/ to bad my humans can't be trained so well! :rolleyes: Edited for wrong words! Auto fix that never fixes!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  7. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA

8. yinepu

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  9. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    I don't have time to wipe paws!! THe dogs have their own yard to play in and it is covered in grass, so minimal mud. But it added up w ith 4 large dogs.

Yinepu, time for another runner rug!! Or anything similar.

10. yinepu

I don't have time to wipe paws either.. but it's gotta beat all that floor mopping!.. [​IMG]

hmmm... maybe I can get the cats to lay down in a nice row... purring door mats [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by