Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

On my computer, I see what looks like white tipped nails as well as some white on the beak of the one facing the camera. What causes this when the original eggs from GFF seem to produce almost all black chicks, as they are supposed to. I understand that GFF also has disclaimers on this breed. Just curious on the genetics associated with this breed. If they are pure from the beginning, they why would these imperfections not be pure as well?

On my computer, I see what looks like white tipped nails as well as some white on the beak of the one facing the camera.  What causes this when the original eggs from GFF seem to produce almost all black chicks, as they are supposed to.  I understand that GFF also has disclaimers on this breed.  Just curious on the genetics associated with this breed.  If they are pure from the beginning, they why would these imperfections not be pure as well?

As with any breed, not all individual come out perfect. The pink toes will darken as I have svart hona chicks and the toes were pink and at 4 week old are completely black. The white toenails are going to stay white. This is something you have to breed out of your program over time. You start with the best stock you can and then work towards a set goal. It takes years to breed traits out. I guarantee that not every chick GFF has sent out is 100% black through and through. I've seen friends get them with pink tounges, white toenails, pink toes. Every breed needs more work as there is no perfect bird out there at all.

For example u raise ohiki. I may breed 2 white earlobe birds together and get a red earlobe bird. It's because somewhere in the backgrpund of those birds was red earlobes birds and it it popping back out. Now I'm going to cull thar red earlobe bird out and choose only white earlobe birds if that's my end goal. Keep doing that for a few years and you can breed that undesired trait out.

Svart hona toes aroung a week old.

Same chick now a couple days shy of 4 weeks. The pink toes are now black while the whitw toenails are still white.

BIN 18+ Call Duck Eggs
$50 includes shipping

Paypal only. Have 10 eggs laid today. Will include all eggs laid today through Monday and will ship Tuesday.

My flock consists of gray, white, blue magpie, silver apricot, pied, buff, penciled, blue fawn, lavender/silver & pastel all housed together.

Here's what another member had to say about the eggs she received
Standard terms apply as with any other shipped eggs. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Please quote and post SOLD and PM for paypal information.

These have sold but can do another batch to ship out on Saturday if anyone is interested.

Perhaps the conversation could more to the chat thread?
hide.gif
Here's a link to the chat thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ew-crazy-24-hour-auction/150_50#post_12946213

Thats another threads chat thread, not this one's (if it even has one idk)
smile.png

Actually, if you look at the very post of THIS thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...hing-egg-auction-and-bin-thread#post_10678789 it directs people to that same chat thread.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom