Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

The rules are there to help weed out the scam artists. Most are fly by night and disappear quickly. I am not changing the rules, so far they are working. I only know of one person that seemed to give this tread a try. People get reputations quick and usually other people will alert sellers or thread admins to avoid them.

BTW most people are selling eggs they already have. Hard to predict how many you will get. As soon as you put up a pre-sell of eggs they will stop laying and you can't fill the order. BYC also does not allow pre-sells... if I am wrong someone let me know.

it's number 12 in the list of rules......

12.Presales/preorders are only allowed to be posted by Platinum Poultry Members. (The only exception is hatching eggs. Sales may be done no longer than a week in advance to allow the seller to collect eggs)

Quote: I don't recommend it PERIOD! I have done some sales for down the road and those usually end up getting something as a substitute or a refund. I have 2 orders now that hit about the time laying slowed down and fertility dropped and now they are not laying well enough to ship anything. Probably going to have to wait till spring to fill those.

I don't recommend it PERIOD!  I have done some sales for down the road and those usually end up getting something as a substitute or a refund.  I have 2 orders now that hit about the time laying slowed down and fertility dropped and now they are not laying well enough to ship anything.  Probably going to have to wait till spring to fill those.

X2 on this. I never ever ever do preorders because the second I do, something goes wrong or the birds stop laying. I will take future orders from people who pm me on my classified thread if they need eggs for a certain date, but I don't let them pay until I am about to ship, just in case.

Also, since only platinum poultry members are allowed to do presales, it's against the rules for the vast majority of us to have them.

And of course if you don't agree with the rules in this thread, you can always go to the other one I linked that allows you to buy and sell as long as you have met the 20 post minimum requirement to participate in any BST thread :)

Also, since only platinum poultry members are allowed to do presales, it's against the rules for the vast majority of us to have them.

presales are for platinum members with the exception of hatching eggs, it's allowed by anyone on those.

True, but you can only do a week in advance on those, so not really a huge presale there. Still, I probably wouldn't even do that, since you never know if the birds will keep laying. I prefer to do what TJ does and have all or most of them collected, then rotate out as they are laid and send only the freshest ones :)

I agree that post count (minimum or otherwise) does not really do anything to set a standard of honesty buying and selling. I bought some eggs and the first batch was lost in the mail. I was horrified and just figured I was out the money when the post office (I live in a tiny town and the post office lady knows me by name) said without tracking there was nothing she could do. The seller sent me another batch of eggs (12) and eight healthy blue & blue splash orpingtons hatched which is a great hatch rate for shipped eggs. I couldn't be happier with this edition to my little flock of egg layers. I guess this requirement bugs me a bit because I've wanted to place an ad for jubilee's and for some embden hatching eggs (I blow the eggs out for crafts and feed the my hubby with them)....and I wanted hatching eggs for imprinting.....but I can't place a posting....so I wait and watch....

I agree that post count (minimum or otherwise) does not really do anything to set a standard of honesty buying and selling. I bought some eggs and the first batch was lost in the mail. I was horrified and just figured I was out the money when the post office (I live in a tiny town and the post office lady knows me by name) said without tracking there was nothing she could do. The seller sent me another batch of eggs (12) and eight healthy blue & blue splash orpingtons hatched which is a great hatch rate for shipped eggs. I couldn't be happier with this edition to my little flock of egg layers. I guess this requirement bugs me a bit because I've wanted to place an ad for jubilee's and for some embden hatching eggs (I blow the eggs out for crafts and feed the my hubby with them)....and I wanted hatching eggs for imprinting.....but I can't place a posting....so I wait and watch....
You could make your own ad or post in the other thread I linked as soon as you have 20 posts. That's not a rule of the thread but a BYC rule in general. I think BYC has that rule to make sure people aren't coming here just to sell, since that isn't what this place is. This forum is meant to be a community, not a place where sellers can come to advertise and do nothing but try to make a sale. It's not too hard to get 20 posts - just spend some time welcoming new people to the community in the New Members section or introduce yourself and chat a little on your local state thread. You'd have 20 posts and be able to post an ad before you know it :)

I don't recommend it PERIOD! I have done some sales for down the road and those usually end up getting something as a substitute or a refund. I have 2 orders now that hit about the time laying slowed down and fertility dropped and now they are not laying well enough to ship anything. Probably going to have to wait till spring to fill those.
I think presale of eggs is a bad idea also. I tried it and it just don't work. I did have silkies at the time and they are unreliable as it gets. I have 13 chickens now and only 1 hen is laying. Has been this way a few months now. Its impossible to predict what they will do. Alot of people want eggs to be sent on a certain date.Or they want to be on a list for when they do lay then when you contact them, they are no longer interested and you end up with a bunch of eggs you can't sell.

Back
Top Bottom