Just into the brooder! Help please .

Well one drank and got the hint, and Bobbed her head . The other , no Interest, wide and alert yes but pecked a little at the newly ground down food, but no interest on the water yet. Now both back right under the brooder
Once one gets it usually the other follow suit. Keep an eye on them, and if still no change do it until she gets the hint.

Once one gets it usually the other follow suit. Keep an eye on them, and if still no change do it until she gets the hint.
Ok thanks, she should be ok till the morning? Or should I try a few times for the next few hours periodically? I just don’t want to stress them to much just after hatching. Thanks

I have absolutely no experience with quail but with my chicks, I've watched hens with their babies and tried to mimic them by crushing the food for my bantam incubator babies, dampening my finger, pressing my finger into the crushed food and then making little hen sounds, soft tuk tuk tuk sounds and put the finger under the chick's beak. They usually start pecking at the food on my finger after a try or two.

My hens will crush the food and then let the chicks peck the food from their beaks.

Congratulations on the successful hatch!

Ok thanks, she should be ok till the morning? Or should I try a few times for the next few hours periodically? I just don’t want to stress them to much just after hatching. Thanks
She should be ok, but you can always check every few hours if it’s daytime. If it’s nighttime, then this does not need to disturb your sleep!

She should be ok, but you can always check every few hours if it’s daytime. If it’s nighttime, then this does not need to disturb your sleep!
Haha ok! It’s there first night so I wasn’t sure . Just surprised me , there sooo noisy in the incubator . Once in the brooder , passed out . Thanks again!

Haha ok! It’s there first night so I wasn’t sure . Just surprised me , there sooo noisy in the incubator . Once in the brooder , passed out . Thanks again!
Usually that means they like it. A warm comfy brooder with fluffy chicks next to them is a lot different then a scary big metal/styrofoam/ plastic scary thing that has wet chicks around them!

Usually that means they like it. A warm comfy brooder with fluffy chicks next to them is a lot different then a scary big metal/styrofoam/ plastic scary thing that has wet chicks around them!
Oh haha good! I read somewhere if they are to quiet and still means there cold so was nervous . I peak behind occasionally and the two are just sleeping away for the last hour or so, not including when woke them up To showed them where the water was again lol.

Oh haha good! I read somewhere if they are to quiet and still means there cold so was nervous . I peak behind occasionally and the two are just sleeping away for the last hour or so, not including when woke them up To showed them where the water was again lol.
I’m pretty sure when they’re cold they’ll be loud. At least, that’s how mine let me know.

Back
Top Bottom