Just joined from New Jersey

PaleoDan

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 24, 2013
Yardville, NJ
Hello BYC!

I just joined today and am new to chickens in general. Last spring was my first introduction to chicken keeping and it has been quite a bit of fun.

A friend and I took on the project together. She has a large farm so I built her a large coop there. I have a small postage sized property so I built a small one for myself (2 hens worth).

We raised up 12 birds (10 for her and 2 for me) and have been collecting eggs for several months now. Two of the twelve turned out to be roosters so we have 10 layers. My dog got in the way and would not leave my two girls alone so we have to take them over and join the larger flock. After a few weeks/month, they pretty well integrated. The two roosters became a problem (for each other) as they grew so we have to recently get rid of one.

Now we have 6 eggs in an incubator I built and they are looking pretty good. We can't wait to see what hatches. We know two of the eggs should be 100% Comets but the other 4 will be a cross of a Comet Rooster with Jersey Giant, Americauna, Barred Rock.

Should be fun.

Thanks

Dan

frow.gif
I can't wait to see what hatches!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Best of luck with your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom