Just learned something new!

babyrnlc

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
NEVER eat pizza outside at my house if the chickens are free ranging! The little boogers actually jumped on my plate and stole some pizza. I was covered in chickens. Had to throw off some to send them off me lol.

I thought I would just chill in the back yard and watch them while I ate dinner. Guess they love pizza. The girls ate on the trampoline (with a net) and were safe. I have never seen them go crazy like that. They like bread and will follow you but pizza is it for them! This is after all day free ranging too! Crazy chickens!

It had grilled chicken on it too lol.

LOL!

My husband calls my hens "attack chickens" because they'll jump up on whatever we're sitting on and steal anything we're eating.

I've conditioned them to come running at the sound of my front door opening.
roll.png

Mine did the same thing the other evening. At first I was breaking off little pieces of the crust and tossing it to them...all fun and games until they stole about half a piece out my son's hand and ran with it. CRAZY! They had been free-ranging as well, I know they weren't starving...but they sure ACT like it!

I asked my husband if he wanted to feed the chickens some of those tiny tomatoes and crackers
gig.gif
He got sat down in the chickens run, all happy to feed "the babies". I handed him the food and "the babies" swarmed him like flies and food flew everywhere lol! He told me I'm just mean
lau.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

That is what happened with the pizza. I had to throw it several feet away to get the 3-4 month old chicks off me! there were at least 6 of them on me. I really dont know

Back
Top Bottom