Just make this chick addiction stop!

happyhensny

Brown Barns Farm
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
near Albany, New York
We have 30+ adults in our coops, 24 eggs in the bator due this weekend and what do I do? Nope, didn't go to the gym. Nope, didn't fold laundry or clean up either.

I ORDERED 15 SPECKLED SUSSEX CHICKS DUE HERE THE END OR MARCH.

Just saw them and they're so pretty, couldn't afford the BCM's and these seem to lay more anyway. It's an addiction I tell ya!

jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
roll.png

I hear ya. Fortunately, DH made a statement (in front of witnesses) that if all goes well and he doesn't have to do chores or hear complaining about doing chores and everyone is well taken care of, he "will build whatever I want, for whatever I want." Just waiting for the snow to melt so he can get started.
lol.png
Nursery/infirmary is the first thing.
cool.png

I have 5 speckled Sussex and probably will get a lot more...They are the best looking birds IMHO! And I think they are known for a very sweet disposition.

Well behaved, good lookin' and great layers

thumbsup.gif

You and me both. I think I need some serious help for this chicken addiction. I have 114 chicken eggs and 4 turkeys in 3 incubators w/ 3 different hatch dates..........
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy and still looking at egg auctions
idunno.gif

Okay there is a 12 step program for this.....
Ah I cannot remember any of the steps
I am an enabler......
I too am an addict chicken keeper
I too ordered chicks from mpc
black copper marens roo
Black copper marens pullet
Silver Cuckoo marens pullet
Partridge cochin pullet because I like her feathers - is that sick or what Just for the feathers why it matters I know not nor do I know anything about this breed
Black frizzle bantam cochin - I had one chick but it didn't make it so I had to have another
And this is the part that proves I am an addict - I cannot remember the last chick or what it is even

Not to mention I have 5 bantams in my daughters tub waiting on a coop that isn't even started and they are nearly 8 weeks old now.

I am out of control - someone .... is there a cure for this addiction. I am loving the chickens!

Caroline

Just told the kids about the order - "Shhh... don't tell Daddy. It isn't really a SECRET just a little surprise"
wink.png

He never goes out there, therefore has no idea what we've got.

"Hun, those are the ones we hatched. Don't you remember?"

lau.gif

Oh my godness that is funny - "shh don't tell daddy" LOL

Wow how do you keep up with them?

I am soo anxious about getting my 'first' chickens, I have decided which breed to get yet but the Sussex sound great.

Back
Top Bottom