Just one soft/broken shell egg

Yes, normal for some new layers.
Do limit treats like veggies to what they can finish in 20 minutes daily.
I give treats mid-morning a few hours after I let them out of the coop so they fill up on feed first.
GC
I do the same thing, I let them out at 6 am and then around 11 am I give them some veggies/fruit-enough for a taste not a meal.

One of my hens has been laying very big hard shell eggs since she layed her first egg in June. But as of about 4 days now she is laying very soft eggs. The shell is very soft and floppy. She has also layed one in the evening and then one again in the morning. Just within the 12 hour range. I am getting concerned about this. I have given them free access to calcium carbonate. What should I do or can someone tell me what is wrong?
anything else seem off with her? acting ok? just soft eggs?

One of my hens has been laying very big hard shell eggs since she layed her first egg in June. But as of about 4 days now she is laying very soft eggs. The shell is very soft and floppy. She has also layed one in the evening and then one again in the morning. Just within the 12 hour range. I am getting concerned about this. I have given them free access to calcium carbonate. What should I do or can someone tell me what is wrong?
Have you actually seen her taking in the calcium?

The 2 eggs in one day, I would expect one or both to be soft, it's a struggle to shell them when they're coming that fast.

Back
Top Bottom