Just ordered my Coop

sacchick

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 8, 2014
Sacramento,CA
My Coop
My Coop
I just placed an order for a Coop at http://forthebirdscc.com/jerome-coop-and-run/
I saw his ad on Craigs list, liked the look and was not willing to spend $400 for a tiny crap wood Coop on line. He has been easy to work with so far, gave me a customers number and I was able to see her Coop local here in Sacramento.

It is very sturdy and I love the design. He will be putting it together on site as it is too wide for my gate.....Curious if anyone else has used his stuff?

My coop will be here probably next week. It is very well made, I had a look at one here in Sac at a customers home. She has 6 chickens med/large breed hens in it with no problems. I will start with 4 large breeds and add 2 more later so having room was important to me.

All these coops I see on line look good in pictures but are so tiny and not well made. I saw the Costco coop at the store and it would seriously maybe hold one bird!!!! This is the reason I went to have a look at this one in person.

It is a little more than I wanted to spend but I will not have to replace it for a long time. I don't have the time or resources to build one myself so I am very excited to find one that pretty much has all the qualities I was looking for.

I am really excited about it. The floor is lino and the side door is huge with a removable piece that holds the bedding in. It has windows on all sides that have plexi glass that opens. I was concerned about the hot summers here so I think this will be a good choice.

Looks like you will be happy with it but you might want to consider running hardware cloth around the bottom edge so nothing can reach in or so no heads can stick out.

I just placed an order for a Coop at http://forthebirdscc.com/jerome-coop-and-run/
I saw his ad on Craigs list, liked the look and was not willing to spend $400 for a tiny crap wood Coop on line. He has been easy to work with so far, gave me a customers number and I was able to see her Coop local here in Sacramento.

It is very sturdy and I love the design. He will be putting it together on site as it is too wide for my gate.....Curious if anyone else has used his stuff?

Do you have the coop installed already?

I live in East Bay and need a prebuild coop as well. Are you happy with this coop? How many big birds can you put in it?

Back
Top Bottom