Just outside Richmond, Va and new to chickens

lorihadams

Songster
11 Years
Sep 17, 2008
virginia
Hi, I am looking for anyone that can help me get set up here in Cumberland. We are trying to move to Powhatan next year but for now we are in Cartersville. We have had an unexpected arrival of chickens via my mother in law from NC who obviously didn't know how much planning went into the whole chicken thing...*sigh* But, now we're attached and our kids are hooked and we are running into all sorts of issues and need all the help we can get! If there is anyone out there in the Cumberland, Powhatan, or Goochland area that can help us PLEASE let me know!!! Thanks!

Lori, Chad, Tyler and Maddie Grace

Hi, I'm in Powhatan, but also fairly new to chickens. Had them since July. I don't have chicks though, so I'm sure others will have wayyyyyy more knowledge than I do. I'm still happy to help if I can :)

Hey I'm in Montpelier, VA!
big_smile.png
I grew up with chickens and now have 14 (24 weeks) old chicks and we love them. I am not an expert but I'll be glad to help in anyway!!

-Susan
WeLoveOurChicks

Last edited:
Hey Lori,
I'm up in Spotsy county, but I got hooked three years ago! It becomes an obsession fast...lol.. so watch out.

What exactly do you need help with? Do you have little chicks or grown chickens? And do you have the hen that hatched them or did they come in the mail? I'll be glad to help you if I can or direct you to someone that can.

Robin (BantamMom13720)

PS Eventually you'll thank your motherin law for this! ANd your kids will love it.

I'm in Buckingham County, near Dillwyn. That's not too far away from you. I'd be happy to share what knowledge I have. Feel free to PM me.

Planning for your chickens - Better late than never!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom