Just placed my first chick order -- now I can't wait!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by amazondoc, Dec 9, 2008.

1. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I had been put on the "please notify me" list for brabanters and barnevelders at Ideal, and today I got the email -- so of course I called in and ordered INSTANTLY. [​IMG]

I ordered:

3 Barnevelder pullets
    2 Welsummer pullets
    3 Exchequer Leghorn pullets
    4 cream Brabanter cockerels
    13 cream Brabanter pullets

I know I'll be sorry once I actually have to figure out where to PUT all these buggers -- but for now, I'm just bouncing up and down in anticipation. They'll be here the end of March! [​IMG]

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    [​IMG] so cool! i would be excited too! i have not ordered through the mail yet!!!

3. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Ahh that's great!!! You can never have too many chickens. Keep them coming!!!

4. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    yes they have brabanters instock now. I'm ordering too:)

5. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    congrats isn't it so exciting? I placed a order with Ideal for 8 buff silkie chicks. I didnt get this weeks shipment and the next was the week of christmas so I told them to hold off till the next order date which will be the 29th and I should recive them by Dec the 31st!

I am very excited about getting my babies I was hoping soon then planned but I'll just have to wait a little longer.

6. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Lucky you, I'm still waiting for Ideal to email me about Welsummers. Congrats

7. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I'm stoked. [​IMG]

I didn't know i they would let me put the Welsummers or other breeds on the list, but I'm glad they did. I've already got four Welsummers, but I'm really enjoying them so I'd like a couple more.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Why so many roos?

9. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hiya --

These are going to be hatchery birds, therefore probably not the highest quality. I want at least a few roos to choose between. I'll also be sorting through the pullets. Since brabanters are so rare, I am betting that my rejects will not be terribly difficult to sell once I've chosen which to keep for myself. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by