Just put eggs under my broody who's with me? We are back! With Bantams

97969_dsc01811.jpg

Here they are, finally. Sorry not a great pic. Had to lean over the side of the pen to get them. Mom's a battery hen, that's why her beak's so short, if any of you are wondering...
We got two chicks Tuesday, two more chicks Wednesday, two more yesterday (one died:() and a surprise chick this morning when I moved mom and babies to the chick pen. On day 25, when I thought that's it. She's done... not. Beautiful little thing too:)
How are you all doing?

Yay we are back with Bantams!

2 Bantams are under her with 6 Australorps and 1 Rodilen Red SOOOOOOOOOOOOO exited!

I moved her out from where she was because Gonna's and wild dogs could get her and put her in a pen! And for once she stayed there because I might of wrecked her nest
big_smile.png

Please need buddies I will keep you updated for sure!

I've got 3 hens sitting at the moment. Two are nearly finished and the 3rd one's got about a week to go still. Am also busy with two incubators at the moment. The first lot's due to hatch any moment and the second is due next weekend.
In total nearly 100 eggs.
(We're expanding the chicken business)
Will let you know how it goes, but my son's pet slug got into our computer... So will be a few days probalby before I get online again. Painful.
When are your chicks due?

Back
Top Bottom