Just returned from my first livestock auction, almost cried!!

sad.png
Honestly? I find it hard to believe that animal abuse in public view such as an auction would be unheard of. No one called the authorities on the handlers, nor complained to the officials of the auction? Shocking the public would accept that type of behavior.

What many people on BYC tend to forget is that livestock auctions are most often run by and attended by people (myself included) that consider farm animals livestock, not pets. That is not to say they are or should be mistreated, but we don't treat our animals whether they are cattle, pigs or chickens as pets. Just because they are not coddled does not mean they are abused.

I have been to livestock auctions, it was not the auction that had treated the animals bad, it was the owners that took them there!! Horses and cows that were injured and did not receive the care they needed. That broke my heart, the auction treated them as humanely as they could.....the owners, well they have to answer for their poor treatment someday! I agree with Katy & Boyd, (and my grandparents and father) livestock is livestock. You treat them humanely, feed them, take care of them, or don't have them!

Back
Top Bottom