Just returned from my first livestock auction, almost cried!!

chickenmamalp

Songster
10 Years
Nov 8, 2009
Port Charlotte, Florida
Just got back from an auction they have every Fri. night. It was a horrible experience. I can't shake the bad feelings yet. I'm still in awe at the brutality and lack of heart for those poor animals. They kick them and push them , fling the chickens around. They were like a bunch of beasts(the people)! Talk about animal cruelity.......
hit.gif

i know..i went to one once. I'll never go back again or put any of my animals in one. They are horrible...

Up in SE Ohio is the Rogers auction i used to sell my birds there. On fridays they had some calfs, goats , all sorts of poultry and veggies.. it is nice there. If i had the room to house animals you shoyld let me loose there with a trailer and a few G's.

They had all sorts of animals goats,pigs,calfs,horse,sheep just about everything!
My husband was dying to buy a calf 10.00 each!
Made it home without buying anything.
They sold boxes of assorted chicks for 5.00 for 25 Marans, barred rock, RI reds, etc..

I enjoy going to them. We have one in our area. We like to go sometimes just to see what they have and what things are going for. I've never seen any abuse. I think they just look at the animals as "livestock" not "family pets". I have sold things there but never buy too much, especially poultry. While you can get great animals there, many times people are looking to get rid of problems there. So you have to really "Beware". Will

not all of them are bad. I grew up going to them, and honestly, some critters were handled rough by both our family and the auction folk. We weren't cruel or intentionally mean it just happens.

Back
Top Bottom