Just saw my neighbor chucking junk food in my yard!

GD91

Songster
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
UK
ep.gif
They were having a barbeque. I was sat at the PC when I saw the chickens going ape over something. I looked up & there's plates of leftover burgers, buns, crisps, salad, sausages etc just being chucked over my fence into my garden!

I don't know if this has happened before, but I've never seen it, yet the chickens seemed to know it was coming because they were looking up at the fence waiting.

My chickens were supposed to be ORGANIC!
somad.gif
Well, not now they aren't.

I can't even speak to this neighbor, he is as dumb as hell. He asked me if I wanted his old shed because he just wanted rid of it because it was made of wood & not plastic. I said I'd have it & put it on my side of the fence if he wanted to get rid of it (its in half decent nick & I hate seeing things go to waste. It would make a good chicken coop with a lick of paint etc.)

Immediately he answered "Oh, no, I don't want to still be able to see it, you'll have to put it somewhere else."
barnie.gif
It was spoken in a tone that implied that it wasn't MY choice how I arrange my garden. Also my landlord said I could have it as long as it went in that area & he said "Well, your landlords just going to have to stuff it, I don't want to have to see it, I want my garden all nice!"
rant.gif

On top of that the guy replaced all the fence panels last week, while I had a doe rabbit smack in labor in the garden! I was out shopping & me & DH came home to find the doe has stressed herself out so badly she ATE every kit & injured herself so badly she had to be PUT TO SLEEP!!! This was a young doe on her first litter.
hit.gif
She was lovely & I was heartbroken.

Why?

Because when they replaced the fence panels, the chickens were out in the garden while we were away & there were about 4 strange men chasing my terrified birds around the garden in front of the hutch & rabbit sheds containing another 2 heavily pregnant does trying to catch the chickens to put them in their shed so they could do the fence panels.

My first thought was how DARE he trespass into my yard & terrorize my animals & give permission to the workmen to do that! It wasn't his position! Plus, my landlords a nice guy who replaced on of the NEIGHBORS fence panels (its on his land) out of his own pocket because at the time there was no fence panel in one place at all & I had the animals. Yet, when I asked if it would be possible to get the panel back for my landlord (I haven''t told him yet about the new fence
th.gif
) My neighbor said "Tell him he can p**s off, I've paid to have 5 brand new fence panels put in (bear in mind its HIS border) & I want that panel for my front garden. Tell him if there are any problems, to bring it to me!"

This guy is very hostile btw if he doesn't like the way a conversation may be heading & its a bit creepy because he twists what I say & makes out everything to be my fault. I feel threatened by him & try to avoid him at all costs, although I don't know why. Maybe its because he is a big guy & acts intimidating when he's even slightly bothered.

I asked him to knock & tell me when this was supposed to be happening! Like when the date & time was! He knocked around at 5pm, 5 minutes before they started ripping broken fence panels out & banging! And I wasn't in.

Normally I'm ALWAYS at home! I tried to explain this & he interrupted me & said " Well you weren't f**kin' home when I knocked!" Again, in an aggressive manner!

I'd already asked him a week before & he was very vague, just said he'd knock & let me know.

I'm just fuming, the guy is a total pain in the ***. Everything's sweet as long as its going HIS way. My other neighbors are great.

Its just this guy
he.gif
even his missus is apologetic when she talks to me & she has trouble getting him to see things straight. She seems just a bit too submissive to him, if you get me?

I might be moving soon..... THANK THE LORD!

I've been having to beg my DH to just leave it, I don't want any trouble with such a close neighbor
sad.png

Last edited:
WT ????? Oh man! My potty mouth would have been going off over the sh...stuff! What a jerk! I would have gone out there and thrown every piece of that garbage back over his side of the fence. Some people are to stupid for words!

I used to have this sweet little old lady living near me would would feed my goats candy. She would also hand it over the fence to my daycare kids. She just couldn't understand why that wasn't okay. I never went off on her because she meant well. I just fixed the fence so she couldn't get the treats through to the goats.

When I get that shed over the border, then its officially MINE. He's got no receipt or proof of ownership because it was already in the garden when he inherited his house & he has no idea how old it is.

Once its in my ownership it will be going against that fence!

If he doesn't like it then its tough because there is honestly, nowhere else to put it!
idunno.gif
I already have 2 sheds & a large coop.

I would have just thrown the food right back at him. Also You should by a pellet gun to scare those guys or just spray them with a hose or train a dog to bite them or even better get a GIANT Buff Orpington territorial Rooster that knocks them down. this kind of stuff makes me want to punch this guy's lights out. This is Just WRONG. this Is worst then animal abuse cause it is your NEIGHBOR, abusing YOUR animals!

He sounds charming. First off... sounds like you're renting so that is a plus that you haven't actually purchased this home next to the moron. Secondly... I would dump any and all of my unwanted scraps over his fence. I'd make sure it's the real stinky stuff.

We already have a rooster, but he's a pussycat. And over here, its illegal to even own a water gun / cap gun if it looks like a real gun. Even paintball guns are illegal unless you have a license & premises.

Also, with being a tenant I will lose most legal rights because he owns his home & can sum up a bigger legal battle, if I retaliate.

Only good laugh is, the previous tenant to my flat apparently blew up the neighbors car on his driveway because he was such an a******
gig.gif
& the neighbor is still fuming about it (ranting to me & a friend about it the day I moved in, I felt sorry for him at the time) because there was no legal evidence it was him
lau.gif
. There was a big hole of cracked paving & burn't fence panels on his side when I moved in.

I later found out it was because he'd punched the previous tenants GF in the face over a noise argument & broke her nose.
ep.gif

But, the neighbor now has cameras everywhere, one of which I know can see into my garden to.
hide.gif

I'm going to just have to let sleeping dogs lie, don't want to give younger members any bad idea's
hide.gif
. And I don't want to get punched either!

Trouble is, I'm just too nice to some people
sickbyc.gif
I've been going out of my way with my neighbors to get on. I get on with one side very well, they mind their own business & I let their young kids look over the fence at the animals & pet them.
I keep my rooster quiet with a rooster collar, which I, quite frankly hate, because it doesn't just interfere with his crowing. Now he's just TOO quiet & seems unhappy & confused because of it at times. He is however, starting to get used to it.

I keep everything clean & as tidy as I can so the garden isn't an eyesore.

idunno.gif
th.gif
Maybe he just doesn't want to waste the food, it was all fresh stuff, not rubbish. He doesn't know the birds were organic, but I wouldn't have done it if he had chickens (but he is far from the sort of guy to even have a cat, let alone chickens).

Maybe the bright side is he's saving me on chicken feed.
clap.gif

Last edited:
We already have a rooster, but he's a pussycat. And over here, its illegal to even own a water gun / cap gun if it looks like a real gun. Even paintball guns are illegal unless you have a license & premises.

Also, with being a tenant I will lose most legal rights because he owns his home & can sum up a bigger legal battle, if I retaliate.

Only good laugh is, the previous tenant to my flat apparently blew up the neighbors car on his driveway because he was such an a******
gig.gif
& the neighbor is still fuming about it (ranting to me & a friend about it the day I moved in, I felt sorry for him at the time) because there was no legal evidence it was him
lau.gif
. There was a big hole of cracked paving & burn't fence panels on his side when I moved in.

I later found out it was because he'd punched the previous tenants GF in the face over a noise argument & broke her nose.
ep.gif

But, the neighbor now has cameras everywhere, one of which I know can see into my garden to.
hide.gif

I'm going to just have to let sleeping dogs lie, don't want to give younger members any bad idea's
hide.gif
. And I don't want to get punched either!

Trouble is, I'm just too nice to some people
sickbyc.gif
I've been going out of my way with my neighbors to get on. I get on with one side very well, they mind their own business & I let their young kids look over the fence at the animals & pet them.
I keep my rooster quiet with a rooster collar, which I, quite frankly hate, because it doesn't just interfere with his crowing. Now he's just TOO quiet & seems unhappy & confused because of it at times. He is however, starting to get used to it.

I keep everything clean & as tidy as I can so the garden isn't an eyesore.

idunno.gif
th.gif
Maybe he just doesn't want to waste the food, it was all fresh stuff, not rubbish. He doesn't know the birds were organic, but I wouldn't have done it if he had chickens (but he is far from the sort of guy to even have a cat, let alone chickens).

Maybe the bright side is he's saving me on chicken feed.
clap.gif
Can you have a polite talk with him? Let him know your birds are organic and shouldn't be fed scraps. I would think that it's illegal for him to through scraps over your fence, so if he gets nasty you can let him know you're calling the police (or the city). I would also get my own camera and point it right where they throw stuff over your fence. Also, if you do take that shed from him, make sure you get a reciet. You don't want him coming back and saying you stole it.

Back
Top Bottom