Just set 34 eggs in the bator... March 3rd hatch... who's with me? lol

RetiredWC, I love your iris!! Puts me in a happy mood! Thanks and good luck to you as well!

Welcome Piccolini! What's in your eggs?

2012, time *is* flying! Can't wait to see pics of your babies. (I think that's good for shipped eggs, too.)

Starting, that seems to be the best route with those dark eggs. (Glad to see I'm not the only one slipping extra eggs in!)

Only 2 quit, KSM? That's good! I had to take 2 out as well.
sad.png
Thirty-two is wonderful!
clap.gif

So far I have 24 with veins or veins/embryos. There are some too young to really tell and a couple of those look a bit porous (I don't have high hopes for them.)

Oh, and we added 5 tonight.
hide.gif
Roosters all just "left for camp" so we are going a little overboard incubating what we can.

sad.png
highly doubt my eggs will hatch... some one bumped the incubator and the temp spiked up to 113 degrees(i have 9 other people in my house hahah my 3 sisters 4 brothers and parents) .
sad.png
not sure how long it was like that
sad.png

sweetmotherofmars-nice name lol! yeah only 2 had quit
hmm.png

Lets hope i get atleast 2 chicks... any one think they have a chance... it could have been up there from 1-6 hrs.

accidentally dropped an egg...the chick was alive! that means i have a chance!

Last edited by a moderator:
KSM, I hope that little one bodes well for the rest. If the temp spike wasn't too long maybe only the air got that hot and the eggs themselves hadn't raised up too much.
fl.gif

(Scary way to learn the rest may be okay, but we take our miracles where we can!)

My temp spiked to 116 last week for 3-4 hours and they are still all ok! hopefully yours are ok too!
fl.gif
I got rid of all of the bad ones today and everyone is still alive. it amazes me how you can candle them and see the little eye move all around in there! i wonder what they are thinking! i also cant belive that a heart is beating in there! saw that too! woo Hopefully everyone has sucess!

hi everyone i have 23 that are set to hatch on the 3rd i had 24 but one was not developing after candling on day 9 so it had to be tossed but the other 23 are doing good and growing

Candled tonight.
wee.gif

I have 32 with definite little swimmers, 3 more that looked right, but I never saw movement. There are still a handful that we put in Sat and Mon that it's too soon to tell on (though I did see a little swimmer in a couple from Saturday).
Pulled 2, one looked clear, the other looked like the yolk had busted.
hu.gif

Still, I'm content. I have no idea what I'm going to do with 32 as it is.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom