just set 4 pea eggs and 4 more tomarrow any one with me?

Still a couple days left on the last eggs set...but our poor little guy is all alone, on the hunt to find a few bronze chicks to add.... Just striking out finding any in PA!

I will take a look
smile.png
I did find someone with bronze..but they are a breeding pair. I may pick them up anyway
smile.png
Worst comes to worst we have a chicken that's been missing for 2 weeks now...finally found her with a nest of eggs--so we may steal a chick or two for him if they hatch.

recandled today it is day 20 another chick died but we have 24 viable eggs....and 5 days to lockdown.......I am starting to get excited...gonna buy new sponges and watch this happen...have a new brooder with a full plexiglass door...

Last edited:
sad.png
I have bad news one of the chicks is sick I'm thinking that for what ever the reason he has never eaten or taken a drink. Gave him some hard cooked egg yolk and yuogart with a syringe it's not looking good.

Update! The egg under our broody hen hatched! However, she kicked the chick out of the nest and continued to sit on his hatched egg. Found the chick most likely in the nick of time--he was very cold, limp and white in color.... Ran him to the brooder and held him for a good hour and a half under the brooder lamp, and he was starting to liven up quite a bit. I left him for the night when his color returned to a nice pink, and he could hold his head up without support...This morning he was running around the brooder tweeting like crazy calling to the other chick. Looks like he just may make it!

So that leaves us with a total of 2 chicks. The only one under a broody hen hatched, and 1 out of 10 in the incubator hatched. We had developement in most eggs until the end. The last eggs I added should be at day 28 today, so we'll give it another day or two before I call it quits.

They should be Midnight BS
smile.png
I had a midnight BS male on 3 midnight BS hens and one pied hen (pied cock is too young to breed). Both chicks are BS, so they'll need to be out of the Midnight bs x midnight bs quad correct? The midnight BS x Pied hen would yeild 100% India Blues split pied/bs/ and midnight?

The girls have started laying again...so I may give it another try--but put everything under a broody. The girls just aren't interested in setting this last batch of eggs yet.

Yay, had 1 more hatch yesterday and 1 today. I was hoping for one today because it's my birthday
big_smile.png
. All my others are doing great. Even the one with the messed up feet. Amazing how well those little chick shoes and hobble worked. Can't even tell that chick apart now.

My momma peahen is doing good on her nest. I put water and food next to her every day. She started with 6 or 7 eggs but has like 13 now. My other peahens keep laying eggs next to her and she takes them. Wonder what she will do when she runs out of room
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom