Just set my eggs... UPDATE: They're hatching!

Good luck! We start lock down tomorrow, and I'm already nervous. I am crossing my fingers that we get a decent hatch. Temp has been good, humidity has been good, so hopefully we will!

wee.gif
I have a pip, and a rocking egg this morning!
clap.gif
Been talking to them and peeping at the bator.

Good luck on your hatches.

Okay! Eggs are moved out of the turner, we put in the plastic liner I found for the bottom of the incubator, and we put down the rubber shelf liner. If the humidity is right in a little bit, we're officially in lock down!

Dang it! I just opened because I noticed the hygrometer was off, and was going to put in a new one. I picked up the old sensor and it slipped from my hand and onto one of the eggs. It didn't break the membrane, so I sealed the crack with some wax. The chick looks okay inside...so hopefully I didn't doom it with my butter fingers.
hit.gif

classicsredone
Today 5:03 pmOkay! Eggs are moved out of the turner, we put in the plastic liner I found for the bottom of the incubator, and we put down the rubber shelf liner. If the humidity is right in a little bit, we're officially in lock down!

Good Luck!
smile.png
fl.gif
Sending you good hatching vibs!
fl.gif

Well, my electric hygrometers are on the fritz. Go figure that it happens now. I made a wet bulb and it is reading a humidity of 56. I'm going to send my husband to Radio Shack since the feed store closes early. I've got three jars that I filled with 100* water and sponges, filled the wells in the incubator, and I have a humidifier going in the room. I'm a little befuddled as to why the humidity hasn't gone up in the incubator.

i woke up this morning to find egg number 10 has removed some of the shell and keeps sticking his nose out from time to time but taking his time and egg number 8 gave me a shock with a big section of shell flying across the bator he is now sitting with his nose out shouting there is a bit of blood around the opening but nothing seriouse the other eggs have all internally pipped and shouting but no more external pips

Back
Top Bottom