Just set my eggs... UPDATE: They're hatching!

I just candled and found 25 clear and 1 with a blood ring. The good eggs got rearranged in the turner and I added some fresh water to the water wells. That leaves 15 in the incubator. Not great, but not horrible for shipped eggs. The little babies are moving, too. It is so amazing to see.
smile.png

I counted, and here is what is left:

Silkies:
4 Partridge
2 Cuckoo
1 White
1 White w/ Splash
2 BBS

Showgirls - 5 (colors weren't marked on eggs.)

Last edited:
So far, so good. I have a few with odd, saddle shaped air cells that are probably due to shipping. It's been hot and dry here, so I added a soaked maxi-pad to get the humidity up into the normal range. I ordered a plastic liner for the bottom of my incubator, and I'll probably sanitize that and get it in place in the next few days. I've been so caught up in being excited about my eggs and the fact that two of our seven pullets started laying that I somehow forgot to do my homework last week! Summer school sucks. Especially when it is a lame class just for units.
wink.png

Going to candle again tonight. 5 days ago all three in the incubator were veined and moving. Also broody hen is still sitting! She's been on that nest for 2 1/2 months!

i have brown eggers. the ppl that i get my eggs from gived me 17 dozen the other day for free!!!!! they wont sell theres. i want about 2 dozen green eggers. i am in the egg buisenese so it kinda important to keep good layin hens.

I candled again tonight for kicks, and one egg was completely clear. Last time I candled, the eggs all had movement or good veining, so that is a little perplexing. Not even a blood ring on that one. The others are moving and looking good, though. My favorite to watch is a an egg from the breeders white with splash pen. It loves to kick its little claws at the shell when I turn on the flashlight.
smile.png

i candled again to find that out of the 20 that were moving one has gone clear and i think i have 3 quitters of the chickens but all 10 of the ducks are moving nicely had to o a rearrange again as some looked smaller then the rest i go in to lock down for the chickens on monday and the ducks the following mon i think but everyone says they always hatch earlie i might put the ones that look bigger an take up all of the shell on monday / tues awell as i dont want hatching in the bator as they would hurt them selfs

Back
Top Bottom