Just sharing my duck coop pictures! :)

Kschwartz

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
004.jpg

Here is the coop and pen. It has just had a roof put on it as of yesterday (My dad and I built it over 2 days, pretty simple project). I know it isn't exactly predator proof, but this is the daytime pen, and the ducks get locked up at night. Fence still needs to be reinforced (we had to take it out in order to build the structure for the roof? and its "door" just clips shut, but that is my next project.

005.jpg

New PVC LITE roofing. Keeps the pen dry, extra protection from flying predators (hawks, 3 were circling when I took the ducks out the other day!!)

010.jpg

Rabbit hutch converted to a duck coop. Nice size for the only 2 ducks I have (3 "rooms"), although I wish it were easier to clean out. Oh well, free is free!

013.jpg

My 2 Rouens, Jack and Sam (although both are girls
roll.png
)

015.jpg

And again.. Also, the floor in the pen is pine needles, courtesy of 3 GIANT pine trees in our front yard. Inside the coop is just chopped straw/hay and wood shavings.

016.jpg

Their pool. Just off to the right of the pen and sheds. Grass is all wet because I just dumped the pool, the water won't be clean for long!!!
roll.png

Just felt like sharing since I never did!!
smile.png

Quote:
only one of them! the one with the smaller head (Sam) is REALLY loud, but only sometimes. Jack is pretty quiet.

Quote:
only one of them! the one with the smaller head (Sam) is REALLY loud, but only sometimes. Jack is pretty quiet.

How old are these gals? "jack" may be a boy? Have you done the quack test?

And you did awesome! Congrats!

Last edited:
Quote:

How old are these gals? "jack" may be a boy? Have you done the quack test?

And you did awesome! Congrats!

3.5 months, and yes, they both have female quacks ( not raspy) and no drake feather. Although I thought she was a he when they were smaller, but now I'm pretty certain she is a female.

ok. I have four rouens, I like them, but I like my welsh harlequins better.

In you avatar are those two ducklings them? If it is they are sooooooo cute!

Quote:
Yes, thats them in my avatar! Why couldn't they have stayed like that?? lol.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom