Just Thinking..... from San Jose

howdy neighbor. we fenced off a yard to keep out our dogs and other predators and we close the door to the coop at night. we have coyotes and racoons as neighbors that seem to love chicken

Thanks That would be great. He is a great dog and I think that when he is gone the chickens will be my companions in the garden.... I don't think that they will make it to the sewing room.
lau.gif

LOL no poo on your stitches, eh?

You have me in stitches, LOL.
lol.png

Thanks... I must say that this is a most friendly site and I am happy that I joined. Lots of info and amazing chicken loving folks out there!

I make historical clothing and in some time periods the chicken poo would be an added special thing... I could charge extra! Hahahaha

Greetings from Kansas, grmitchell, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined us. I would suspect most on BYC would say chickens are more than worth the trouble...if you would even call it trouble. For the most part, with proper planning and a good system, chickens are not trouble and not even all that much work once your set up is done right. I hope you take the plunge! You won't be sorry!

Thanks! I am talking with several people and I have a very close friend you has has birds for many years. First I must plan and get the coop done. I feel that the placement in my yard will be very important to the overall health and comfort of my birds. I would like to have them be free ranging during the day and tuck them in at night. SO... planning the vege beds and chicken's area will be important. I am assuming that I will not have birds until the spring? Is that the best time to start? We have a pretty mild winter out here so I don't know or should I say that I have not checked out to see if CA would be different than in other parts where there is colder weather. Jeri

Back
Top Bottom