Just thought I should put this on BYC Food info from Purina Mills

Quote:
Same with me. Sometimes I use Dumor 24% if it has been milled fresh. TSC isn't good about rotating their stock.

I don't buy mine from TSC. We get ours from a local feed store. They are wonderful, and if there is something I want they will get it. The closest TSC we have isn't really great at rotating their stock either, and they are actually more expensive then our feed store. I think the other brand our feed store carries is ADM ( ? I think that's the correct initials) I've never tried it, but supposedly it's good feed also.

Quote:
Well now that's interesting. I thought flock raiser could be used from beginning to end. I'm glad I haven't switched already, as I had been considering it.

Thanks for posting this Max!

I was under the impression that Flock Raiser could be used all the time also. Its all I have been giving to all my birds, including my layers. They are laying just fine...eggs are perfect. I was feeding the juvies Flock Raiser and the layers Layena, but was told I could just give them all the Flock Raiser. Hmmm, now I am wondering if I should switch back to buying some Layena?

Quote:
Well now that's interesting. I thought flock raiser could be used from beginning to end. I'm glad I haven't switched already, as I had been considering it.

Thanks for posting this Max!

I was under the impression that Flock Raiser could be used all the time also. Its all I have been giving to all my birds, including my layers. They are laying just fine...eggs are perfect. I was feeding the juvies Flock Raiser and the layers Layena, but was told I could just give them all the Flock Raiser. Hmmm, now I am wondering if I should switch back to buying some Layena?

You don't have to switch back. I've been feeding all mine, young, and old, flockraiser. I leave out oyster shells free choice for the layers, and never had any issues. If you haven't had any issues either, then just keep feeding them what they are getting now
smile.png

Bluemoon

Hey Backyard Poultry Buffs,

I just signed a three-year contract with Purina Mills as their very first Chicken Ambassador. I will be traveling all across the country promoting Purina Mills SunFresh Recipe feeds. I will be attending poultry shows, Purina dealers, coop tours, and maybe a few TSC stores as well. Please let me know if you have any questions about Purina feed and if I can't answer them I will get you an answer.

Thanks,

Chicken Whisperer

We swapped our chickens over from Dumor to Layena when TSC first started carrying it and we found that the Layena satisfies our chickens better than the Dumor. We went from 2-50# bags per week to 1 per week. And we also saved when we swapped them over from crumbles to pellets. They are still growing as they were just peeped in July, but started laying in October and they are still going strong on the laying even though we have had one of the coldest winters in a long time. So Layena is by far a much better feed than a lot of the others.

This is good feed. The Flockraiser is great during molting because it has higher protein for feather growth. Our Tractor Supply Store just started carrying this. I had to go out of my way to get it before, but it was worth it.

Why is it no one carries Purina's Poulty Showchow? That is what we always fed out meat birds for the fair. My DD has raised some beautiful champion 9lbs birds with huge breast on them. Last yr. I raised some for my own consumption and fed Dumar brand and I was really disappointed in the birds.
sad.png

Thanks Maxx. my husband and I were wondering about flock raiser also because the girls need more protein during their moults.
We can stop bickering now because of you.
... I'll go tell him he was r-r-r-r-r-i-ight.
roll.png
*sigh* ,but I'll have to wake him up to do it!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom