just thought you would like to see pics of my new babys

mamato3

Songster
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
SWMissouri
This first one is of some of the replacement myers sent me this week. Looks like i got a1 rir 2 barred rocks 2 white rocks and a austrlorp the rir has a name rusty ray so im hopping for a good natured roo or a hen

Picture008.jpg

This one is of some of my one week old barred rocks and white rocks chicks
chickens003.jpg

These next ones show an upper view to show my homemade brooder box its 2 watermelon boxs together i have 35 chick in there hope it roomy for them
Picture015.jpg

As you can see the plastic box in there with the new baby chicks that is there window to see the 1 week olds they are bing keep apart until i know they wont get bullied
Picture013.jpg

I love it! That's the kind of setup I had as well for 22 chicks in my garage, homemade brooder boxes taped together
smile.png
Just beware, mine were flying out of it by 4 wks old and I had to put a length of fencing over the top
roll.png
silly chicks

Nice looking chicks! I love how you have them sharing a brooder with a "window"- great idea! Your chicks are very healthy and happy looking! Thanks for the pics!

Shelly

The legbands i know im checking the legs almost daily i put most to lose and they fell off. There is no top we were going to finish up the coop and move them in this week but the cold wet weather has postponed it 1 more week we might have baby chicks running tough the house before we get them out
lol.png

a dumb question here...
big_smile.png
...but what are the leg bands for?..i;m just curious.....and cute babies!...neat set-up..
smile.png
, Wendy

redhen i just want to be able to tell them apart keep track of health, sex and personality ive got at least 10 of each white and barred rocks they all look alike to me unless they have there bands on right know only a few have bands on there the ones i wanted to keep an eye on. ill wait tell there older to band all of them

update one of the new chicks i got this week. I thought i had 2 white rocks looks like i got a buff something hopefully a buff orp i really wanted one i will post pic later photobucket is not letting me

Back
Top Bottom