Just want to double check...

birdlover

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Northern Va.
Hi all,
I'm going away Wed. and returning on Friday. I only have one little cockeral (with an ear-piercing crow!) that resides in my bathroom until I can find him a loving, forever home. Do you think I could just put lots and lots of chickenfeed and water in with him and leave him for 3 days/2 nights? If he was a hen, I'd bring him along but there's no way I can get away with that the way he crows! Am going to my daughter's in Philly where she's going to law school and has a REALLY tiny apt.! She'd kill me! Thanks.

Last edited:
LOL I've got the whole floor and the window seat covered with newspaper.
wink.png

Please make super, SUPER sure that there is no conceivable way the waterer could fall over or get knocked over. Better yet leave him with two waterers. (Best idea, get someone to check on him while you're away).

It would be awful easy, and is by no means unheard of, for the animal to spill the waterer an hour after you leave and by the time you come home he's dead or permanently damaged by dehydration. Seriously, it happens.

Good luck, take care,

Pat

I left my chickens (one roo and 7 hens) alone for 2 days and two nights at Halloween. I absolutely had NO ONE who could/would come check them. I put a ton of food, extra waterers, made sure they couldn't tip the water, and hugged and kissed every one. They didn't even look like they missed me too awfully bad and they are spoiled mommy's babies.
smile.png
He will be just fine.

Oh, that makes me feel better, "luvmy"!! Yes, I already thought about putting in not one, not two but THREE waterers and enough food for an army!! LOL Thanks, guys!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I recently left mine for 2 nights/3 days and other than a huge mess (actually, it's what you'd expect for the coop/run not being tidied for that long:lol:) they were fine!

I left double the amount of water I figured they'd need (I actually went to the store and spent $20 bucks on extra waterers
roll.png
) and left out tons of feed and 2 flakes of alfalfa and they were good to go! I think they missed me though
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom