Just want to share my sevin dust experience with you...

I guess that earwigs could be left for chicken feasting. I'm not against insecticides and we use hanging pyrethin strips in the coop...but earwigs don;t bite or anything, or sting...so I'd be inclined to leave them for your chooks!
cool.png

Quote:
Just wanted to say I just dusted my whole yard with the Sevin dust. Chickens were in bed when I went on a vengance. I got whitefly, fleas with super powers, and aphids. I'm so hoping it works for me. My doggie is on Revolution but still she was infested with fleas. Probably from the yard. She has not picked up one flea in the past 3 hours. So far all is good with Sevin. I'm hoping the chickens will be ok when they wake up to the war I just did in the yard.

Quote:
Just wanted to say I just dusted my whole yard with the Sevin dust. Chickens were in bed when I went on a vengance. I got whitefly, fleas with super powers, and aphids. I'm so hoping it works for me. My doggie is on Revolution but still she was infested with fleas. Probably from the yard. She has not picked up one flea in the past 3 hours. So far all is good with Sevin. I'm hoping the chickens will be ok when they wake up to the war I just did in the yard.

Putting a bit of garlic in the dog's food will keep fleas away......they don't like garlic.

Glad they are doing just fine!

Too much of anyting is bad. A lady drank so much water for a radio contest she died of an electrolite imbalance. So it probably wasn't enough to actually do anything to the birds, since "pure" sevin dust isn't "pure" poison, much like your multi vitamin isn't a pure vitamin. Everything has a filler.

DE kills in a different way, it's a mechanical death, it pierces the exoskeleton of the pest and dessicates it - and doesn't leave any residual poisons lingering in your environment. Why anyone would think it was ok to cover their yard with Sevin is beyond me, it kills everything, including beneficial insects, particularly honeybees. Nevermind the lingering effects on eggs. It's a poison, people, designed to kill totally, why would you use it anywhere near a living thing you value - your chickens, your pets, your children, yourself?

Back
Top Bottom