Just wanted to say hello.

welcome-byc.gif
from West Tennessee

Wish I was in Ireland with you... I thought about moving there at one point, but with all the quarantines I didn't think I could handle it.
I am Irish and Scottish and have always loved Ireland. I am also in Education
smile.png

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Sorry for disappearing - I had family over for the weekend and then today the chicks started to arrive. Day 22, so we had been feeling pessimistic by the time pipping started, thinking all was lost. 2 emerged in the last few hours and 4 more have pipped....does that make us officially farmers, lol! 4-Hchickenmom, at day 16 we had definite movement in 16 0f 18 eggs. It's our first try so we are pretty nervous. To me all of your locations sound so exotic! Coming from a climate where the weather is really poor I always envy you that lovely sunshine! I have visited Martha's Vineyard (worked as a student in the summer), Virginia, Boston, Washington and New York. flnatv, I have always wanted to go to the highlands in Scotland - I believe it is amazing, but I have only been to Edinburgh. You might be kinda glad you didn't move over here - very bad recession right now....I imagine you may see a rise in Irish members at backyardchickens now as keeping chickens has really taken off massively for some reason....a lot of 'back to basics' thinking now I think! Nice to meet you all and hopefully I will chat with you again. Weimarmama, is that pics of where I live or of my cute little chickens?
lol.png

Both, please
wink.png
I never get tired of looking at pics of chickens & geese & throw in some of the Irish countryside & it's even better
big_smile.png
I've always dreamed of visiting Ireland, Scotland, & England to see where my ancestors are from. And our sunshine is nice, but gosh is it hot. 95F right now, but it feels hotter. Congrats on your hatch
thumbsup.gif

Welcome! I'm brand new too- but got chicks- no hatching for me. I wanted to hatch some eggs, I thought I'd love it and my girls (ages 3 and 4 1/2) would be fascinated by it... but, hubby said no incubator. So, off to the feed store for chicks we went! I have to give it to him, even though he said no to the hatchery, he's very supportive of my fast growing chicken obsession! I can't wait to hear more about your chicks and how many hatched! So exciting!

Well...we now have 9 hatched and 2 more pipped...I am thinking that is not too bad for a first try out of 18, and who knows, we might get a few more. I now fully understand the old saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch"!
lol.png
JusticeFamilyFarm, I hope to see you about the boards too then. I am waiting on a Buff Orpington pair and possibly Wyandottes too. I love the Orpington's. Then again, I love everything. Is this all totally addictive or is it just me? I'll try to organise picks of my new arrivals and maybe a few chicken houses and where we live. I'm off to find a bit of info here on navels and stuff...I think the last 2 are a wee bit odd down that end, both seem strong, but I am hoping they don't have a problem. Talk soon I hope!

Back
Top Bottom