Just when I thought I could never replace my filly...

Hey! Thanks for your pictures. I have not dealt with Appys yet so unfortunately I cannot give you an expert opinion, I am just a draft horse person. Our main priority in breeding is to have horses with a good mindset. I do not tolerate anything but a gentle and willing temperament on both sides, dam and sire. If that looks good, they have good blood lines and colors, are built well and foal easy you should be good to go. Make sure that you have enough room to keep any foals that you create if you cannot sell them. From what I can see they look like you take great care of them so you seem to be on the right path
thumbsup.gif

thanks I will get more pics to day but they wont look as good as they did since its winter here and they have been rolling in the dirt all day and just cant get rid of thoughs nasty burs what do you think is the best way to get rid of them?

gig.gif
Have black horses
lau.gif
I have one white gelding that is a Clydesdale cross and he is so much work to keep clean, especially when the winter coat comes in. I will brush the horses down before taking pictures but I also tell the customers that it is a horse, and just that. It is not like a picture you hang on your wall, it is a living and breathing organism that loves to roll in dirt. I'd rather have dirty and happy horses than spot clean and sad ones. I know some people that doctor their pictures to make the horse look whiter than it is. To each their own I guess. I wouldn't buy a horse whose picture has been altered, nor would I alter a picture, even if I knew how to.

Hi all,

One way to get out burrs is to use W-40 on the mane and tail, also if horse has feathers. It is fish oil based. Most people do not know that. I have it saved in one of my e-mail accounts. Have a whole list of what it is great for. I use an old pair of gloves and hand pick the burrs out one hair at a time. It will take a long time, but for me is so worth it to keep the tail long. I trailride my showhorses and show my trailhorses. I believe in the from the rail to the trail horse, one horse for all things.

Maye

Sorry Avalon for the thread hijack... btw beautiful new babies and your poor filly looked a doll!

To goofy...

"Canter Mane and Tail conditoner" is what you want.

I have been so impressed with this stuff. Before it I was using Cowboy Magic... this is a gazillion times better!
No silicone in the Canter, so it doesen't dry the hair out.
My boys hair is getting so soft.. and the best part is that every time I see him, his mane and tail are as tangle free as when I left the last time.
He spends his days out in the pasture and finds every possible bit of dirt or mud to roll in, of course, he knows he is a grey horse and the dirt will make him soooo beeeeautiful... but at least I don't have to wrestle tangles out of his hair
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom