just wondering **Graphic surgery pics**

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Terri, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Terri

Terri Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    K, Long story short, Vet Tech/Office manager/groomer, cuz i am really good at it, for the past 2 years. Here are some pics. My boss pays for my insurance, but i am still out $1100 dollars, is this a worker comp thing? It is dog hair
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  2. mommyofthree

mommyofthree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    I think your long story is a bit too short. [​IMG] Where is that mass located on the body in the first couple of pics, and is it on you?? Was it cause by dog hair, and what is the mass exactly?? Sorry but I'm just not sure what I'm looking at. [​IMG]

3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Also, please put *Gross Surgery Pictures* or something.. it took me a while to figure out what I was looking at. What's the story?

4. Terri

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    So sorry, i didn't think they were like graphic. Grooming dogs, hair lodged in pore of web, finger 2 and 3, migrated, Am i talking to people who have chickens?

5. mommyofthree

mommyofthree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    I would think if it was from grooming dogs and that's what you do for a living you might have a workers comp claim, not sure but that would make sense. I just don't understand how you would get dog hair lodged in your skin to cause a problem like that in the first place...??
    And yes I have 10 chickens, and 5 ducks. [​IMG]

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    The groomer that works on my dogs wears gloves, they are required. Are you required to wear gloves and were you wearing them? If you are injured on the job or suffer and injury of a long term such as Carpal Tunnel that takes a while to manifest, then it would be a Workman's Comp. claim. A migrating hair should qualify unless you are asked to prove there is no way it could have happened away from your workplace, or it can be proven you were not wearing required and supplied protective gear.

7. Terri

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    cocker, springer, brittany hair, when cut, like little slithers of glass.

8. FourPawz

FourPawz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Virginia
    Quote:Um, ouch! Hey, look on the bright side. Better dog hair in your hand than in your lungs. Dog groomers can get a condition similar to coal miners' Black Lung from inhaling small particles of dog hair that get in the air from the clippers.

9. Terri

Dec 1, 2008
    Level Cross, NC
    i would not wear gloves when grooming a dog, It is hard enough, with matted dogs to keep from cutting their skin. It not like the majority of them sit there and let me do this.

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Huh?? What does having chickens have to do with this? [​IMG] Are you are on pain meds?? [​IMG]

I would say no..its not a WC issue..

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by