Just wrestled our largest roo from the jaws of death

Quote:
When I saw the title of your post I was thinking gator.
lol.png
We had a gator take one of our roos once...we didn't get it back.

This is my back yard....

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww88/TheChickenLady/Backofthehouse.jpg

Ok, that isn't funny, but....

Wow. Of all the predators to worry about, I'm glad alligator isn't one of them around here! The people up the road just lost most of their flock to raccoons who ripped the roof off their coop.

Quote:
I'm actually considering that. She's pretty well trained and seems to be eager to please so maybe she can be trained to leave the chickens alone.

I'm just curious...why are you nursing the roo back to health just to cull him when he heals up? If he was in such bad shape, I would have put him out of his misery right then and there. Especially if he is aggressive!!!

Just my two cents.....

I didn't exactly "nurse" him. I just put him back in the hen house. He wasn't in bad shape, just badly shaken.

I hadn't decided who to cull. We have three and only need one. He's the biggest and most active, though was slightly aggressive. He's stopped that, however. We're not planning to do any slaughtering until it cools off a bit more. It's more comfortable that way.

If he had been actually injured, I'd have culled him right away, but he only lost some feathers and some pride.

Back
Top Bottom