Juvenile black mottled bantam Cochin pairs...will ship!

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
Beautiful 2 month old pairs. I have 5 pair available. $20 per pair, or buy 2 or more pair for $15/pair. These youngsters have very nice mottling. I will get pics of a couple of the pullets tomorrow (weather and time permitting), but I guarantee the pullets to be as nicely colored as the cockerel pictured. The remaining cockerels are super nice, too. Please excuse their dirty feet/leg feathering...it's been raining here for 2 days.
sad.png

Shipping is available with Express Mail cost being dependent on destination zip code and weight. Buyer is responsible for the cost of a new shipping box as well. I use boxesforbirds.com as my supplier of boxes...feel free to check out their website for box prices.

Thanks for looking!

Rooster #1:
13587_hpim2854.jpg

13587_hpim2856.jpg

13587_hpim2874.jpg

Rooster #2:
13587_hpim2861.jpg

13587_hpim2864.jpg

13587_hpim2865a.jpg

Rooster #3:
13587_hpim2868.jpg

13587_hpim2869.jpg

13587_hpim2870.jpg

One of the pullets:
13587_hpim2875.jpg

Last edited:
I wish mine had that many feathers at 2 months old! I have some who are 2 months right now and all they have are wing feathers and foot/hock feathers.
hmm.png

I "force" my youngsters to feather in early. LOL It won't be long til the white stuff starts flying around here, so they've gotta be ready for it.
wink.png
lau.gif
Actually, these pairs are close to 10 weeks old now.
smile.png

I had some hatch outside in October last year, by Christmas they were finally starting to get some feathers on their body. I know black mottleds are supposed to have a slow feathering gene, but I think mine have it to the extreme!
lol.png

ETA: Luckily, their mama loves to mother her babies to death, or they probably wouldn't have survived. I believe I lost 1 out of the bunch.

Last edited:
Quote:
Provided they ship within the next week (since it depends on their size), I can fit the following:

$20 box = 1 pair
$32 box = 3 pair
$36 box = 4 pair

Even though shipping is dependent on weight, with the age and size of these youngsters, you might as well get the most for your money.
thumbsup.gif
Shipping 3 pair of these youngsters won't cost anymore than shipping 1 adult pair.
wink.png

Quote:
A couple of the pairs have roosters with greenish yellow eyes. The other pairs are correct.

ETA: There are various faults (related to showing) in every pair. It would depend on an individual's level of showing as to the potential severity of the fault(s). The price being asked is based on them not being perfect show birds. They would, however, be excellent birds for 4H Showmanship. I just wanted to clarify that because I'm sure someone will ask.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom