Jw Who here has CHerokee indian in them and knows about the TOT

My family has Cherokee blackfoot and Sioux in us. And Im proud of the fact. And I don't think its right that the schools dont really teach about what really happened. just the parts that don't make the settlers and out nations fathers look bad.

I have some of the family information in a file cabinet. An elderly cousin shared this information with me when he was living. He never married and had plenty of time to devote to his hobby of family research. He and other researchers have traced our family roots back to our Cherokee grandmother ancestor.

thats what i want to fully do i want to trace back to as far as i can, but like you said it is time consuming and i bet their is a price tag on it too

My great grandmother on my mothers fathers side was part cherokee, she lived to 98 years and was feisty her entire life.

bock_bock, you can do a lot of research on your ancestors yourself for free. You can just google info. Here is a website: www.allthingscherokee.com.

I have found information from census. The 1930 census is out. I believe there is a 70 year black-out where we can't access the census. Just today I found a 1930 death listing that included my grandparents who were killed in an auto/train accident. Several years ago I found the newspaper articles about it.

It's interesting.

Quote:
LOL I'm in Tenn, but know what a sooner is- Something like sooner eat ___ than something. I forgot the rest. I haven't heard it in a long time. We used to always called some of the old mutt dogs biscuit eaters too!!

Back
Top Bottom