Kalmach feeds

That's even better. I already use Chewy for my dog food. Thanks, I'll check it out...
Very pricey, there. I'll try my local Feed store first - but keep Chewy in mind
It is more at Chewy but then run specials sometimes. My feed store has an agreement with Kalmbach that if they buy in large quantities they can offset the lower price to their customers. I pay $17.50 of the 17% protein 50 lb. Bags.

I've been using Kalmbach for about 3 years. I usually get 17% layer pellets & 20% flock maker crumbles. The layer was 20.19 on 1/10 & the flock maker was 20.90. I really like the 20% full plume & feathering feed, but have to order that special. Kalmbach is out of Sandusky Ohio & I believe they have plants in PA & IN also. The feed is always fresh.

My local mill can get it. They gave me a copy of retail product guide. Lots of options from Kalmback for both chickens and game birds.. (I do quail too)

with the feedback I’m getting from all of you I’m going to give it a try.

thanks!!

Called my local feed store. 50# 17% layer pellets for$18.99 -or - non GMO for $21.99

And the gal was very nice. This is the store I'm switching to. I have quite a bit of my old feed left, though.

My girls are suddenly off their lay. Mostly my older girls (18 months). I put peepers on a couple of them, because it was looking like they were picking feathers amongst themselves. But, now I'm wondering if they're molting. I found a few flight feathers in the run, today. But also noticed many little feathers under the roost, this morning. So... either they're molting, or someone else needs peepers

Called my local feed store. 50# 17% layer pellets for$18.99 -or - non GMO for $21.99

And the gal was very nice. This is the store I'm switching to. I have quite a bit of my old feed left, though.

My girls are suddenly off their lay. Mostly my older girls (18 months). I put peepers on a couple of them, because it was looking like they were picking feathers amongst themselves. But, now I'm wondering if they're molting. I found a few flight feathers in the run, today. But also noticed many little feathers under the roost, this morning. So... either they're molting, or someone else needs peepers
Those prices are great, I am jealous.

with all the bs regarding feed I’m looking for an independent source.
one of my local guys has Kalmbach products.
they appear to be an independent manufacturer of animal feeds but at this point who the heck knows.

any info would be appreciated.

thanks!
I get Kalmbach at our local Family Farm & Home store. My ladies have done well on it for years.

Back
Top Bottom