Kat’s Journey into Chicken Keeping

I don't know which I love more: the mugs or Tobias! 🥰 So lovely.
I know, right?
6D8B4BAB-80BE-4B4B-8F7C-B1A56221FD8D.jpeg

So today I did a thing.
I built a small covered run inside the big run, and attached it onto my four week old chicks’ crate.
Now they have more freedom and lots of space to scratch and play.
My big girls don’t know what to make of their new tenants, but hopefully they will become accustomed to the new kids this way.
View attachment 2310685View attachment 2310686View attachment 2310687View attachment 2310688
It’s not very fancy, as I’m not very proficient at building things, but hey, it works!
I now have 13 chickens.
Nice job. I am new to chick raising. I did something similar to give my babies more room. I had a brooder in the house made of cardboard and added a second one with a door connecting them. At first it was a good idea so when I cleaned the brooder I wouldn't scare them so much but it became the extra room when I realized they needed more room. They are in the coop now, no older chickens, this coop was built for them. This weekend I release then to the run hoping they will go inside at night. Good Luck! I was fortunate I had no loss of life so far. I have 13 australorps.

Nice job. I am new to chick raising. I did something similar to give my babies more room. I had a brooder in the house made of cardboard and added a second one with a door connecting them. At first it was a good idea so when I cleaned the brooder I wouldn't scare them so much but it became the extra room when I realized they needed more room. They are in the coop now, no older chickens, this coop was built for them. This weekend I release then to the run hoping they will go inside at night. Good Luck! I was fortunate I had no loss of life so far. I have 13 australorps.
If you put some treats in the coop in the evening, they will run in there and you can close the door.
It doesn’t take them long to go in the coop as soon as it starts to get dusky.

Back
Top Bottom