Kat’s Journey into Chicken Keeping

Ribh

Enabler
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
Will she lay now your weather is getting colder & your daylight fading or will you have to wait till spring?

I often buy POL in Autumn hoping for @ least some eggs over winter buy not everyone came on the lay over winter. I had to wait for spring for some of my girls to start.

The good news is you will have her for that much longer. :hugs

LaFemmeKatia

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2020
South Carolina
My Coop
Will she lay now your weather is getting colder & your daylight fading or will you have to wait till spring?

I often buy POL in Autumn hoping for @ least some eggs over winter buy not everyone came on the lay over winter. I had to wait for spring for some of my girls to start.

I am not sure because our days are getting shorter now so she might wait. And that’s okay really.

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA

Daisy, the greatest hen ever, laid all through winter. Leghorns lay eggs. It's what they do. Especially the first few years. I expect she will lay regardless of the lack of daylight. In her 2nd year Daisy laid 360 eggs. Including in the house, during a blizzard.
2016-01-23 14.16.21.jpg

LaFemmeKatia

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2020
South Carolina
My Coop
Daisy, the greatest hen ever, laid all through winter. Leghorns lay eggs. It's what they do. Especially the first few years. I expect she will lay regardless of the lack of daylight. In her 2nd year Daisy laid 360 eggs. Including in the house, during a blizzard.
View attachment 2391204
She is gorgeous! (Of course I love her, she looks like Blanche!) :love

Top Bottom