Kat’s Journey into Chicken Keeping

Pics
I am getting eggs now!
I guess most all of them are laying. I get six or seven a day sometimes.
But today I got a new one, this little gem!
FB40B523-0623-4C51-A1B9-ED38F3C3AE6B.jpeg
:clap:eek::woot

I work mine out by a process of elimination. :lol: The Campines only lay white eggs so none of the browns or blues can be theirs. Ha'penny lays the big one. Morrigu lays in hidey holes; Aoifa lays them randomly round the yard. Patricia & Luna lay the dark brown eggs; each lays a slightly different shape. The BRs lay the light buff eggs. Wrold lays the darker of the bantam eggs & I only have 1 blue layer just now but when I had 2 there was a slight difference in shape & colour. I also tend to know who's been in which laying box, which helps. :D

I work mine out by a process of elimination. :lol: The Campines only lay white eggs so none of the browns or blues can be theirs. Ha'penny lays the big one. Morrigu lays in hidey holes; Aoifa lays them randomly round the yard. Patricia & Luna lay the dark brown eggs; each lays a slightly different shape. The BRs lay the light buff eggs. Wrold lays the darker of the bantam eggs & I only have 1 blue layer just now but when I had 2 there was a slight difference in shape & colour. I also tend to know who's been in which laying box, which helps. :D
Blanche, my leghorn lays white eggs. Everyone else lays varying shades of brown. Someone has been laying an egg with fine speckles, but this is the first one with big speckles.
some of my brown eggs are shiny but one of the girls lays a pretty one with a “flat” finish. I have to get out there when they are laying, but I have been busy because of the holidays.

Blanche, my leghorn lays white eggs. Everyone else lays varying shades of brown. Someone has been laying an egg with fine speckles, but this is the first one with big speckles.
some of my brown eggs are shiny but one of the girls lays a pretty one with a “flat” finish. I have to get out there when they are laying, but I have been busy because of the holidays.
Yes, it always takes me some time to work out which egg belongs to whom but eventually, one way or another, I can figure it out. It's good to know for when you get odd eggs or someone stops laying. Then you know to keep an eye on that girl.

Back
Top Bottom