Kat’s Journey into Chicken Keeping

Good morning folks :frow
Good morning everyone 😊
Good morning all. 🌞
Hello, Friends.
I haven’t posted on my thread in awhile.
Autumn is definitely here in SC, with chilly weather, and shorter daylight time, and the leaves turning and falling.
Several of my ladies are seriously molting, and for the first time since they began laying, egg production is down.
My girls are about a year and a half old at this point, and have steadily layed since they began late last summer (2020).
There are eight hens and I would get six or seven eggs every day. Some days eight.
They are down to four eggs a day on average.
Princess has been laying once a week.
Blanche still lays an egg almost every day. She is a trooper.
The birds who are obviously molting (as in you can’t miss it) are Princess, The Queen, (the Light Brahmas), and Thelma and Louise (ISA Browns). Louise is the worst, with skin showing 😩
They all remain energetic and enthusiastic, so I think they are fine. And they have voracious appetites. Since there is less plant life and fewer bugs around, they are chowing down more of their feed.
831E7D8D-C491-4992-AF17-87F2363248BF.jpeg 195CBE52-56DA-46B7-A7F9-71E46E18C11A.jpeg 1BD1A895-75C4-4615-9C21-105F411A57BD.jpeg 6C222281-415D-41A5-8CF7-A17768BC320F.jpeg

Hello, Friends.
Autumn is definitely here in SC, with chilly weather, and shorter daylight time, and the leaves turning and falling.
Several of my ladies are seriously molting, and for the first time since they began laying, egg production is down.
My girls are about a year and a half old at this point, and have steadily layed since they began late last summer (2020).
There are eight hens and I would get six or seven eggs every day. Some days eight.
The birds who are obviously molting (as in you can’t miss it) are Princess, The Queen, (the Light Brahmas), and Thelma and Louise (ISA Browns). Louise is the worst, with skin showing 😩
They all remain energetic and enthusiastic, so I think they are fine. And they have voracious appetites. Since there is less plant life and fewer bugs around, they are chowing down more of their feed.
View attachment 2898068View attachment 2898069View attachment 2898070View attachment 2898071
Great to see them all again! Even molting they are beautiful! 🥰

Hello, Friends.
View attachment 2898068View attachment 2898069View attachment 2898070View attachment 2898071
Looking good!

Back
Top Bottom