Kat’s Journey into Chicken Keeping

Since I am down to seven hens at this time, I am considering getting four more chicks in the Spring. I an trying to decide what kind I want, of course.
I am tempted to get two white leghorns since I lost my beloved Blanche. If leghorns are all much like her, I always want one in my flock.
I am researching chickens again, looking for breeds that are heat hearty (I live outside Myrtle Beach), fair layers, friendly and fairly social with other chickens.
I want medium size basically, nothing huge. I am not ready for bantams yet, either.

I want medium size basically, nothing huge.
If you want something cute, and good looking,,, or just interesting,,,,,,,, Consider some full size Polish. They are about the body structure of White leghorns. I had 3. Lay medium size eggs.
Photo0460.jpg

If you want something cute, and good looking,,, or just interesting,,,,,,,, Consider some full size Polish. They are about the body structure of White leghorns. I had 3. Lay medium size eggs.
View attachment 2950434
If I ever get into chicken keeping, I sooooo want Polish :) They are the most bizarre looking birds, LOL! But beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom