Kate's Sassy Seramas

Pics
The pens are coming along! Hopefully I can finish them by tomorrow!

This is Cinnamon she is 6 months and is barely taller than my hand (I have small hands, haha)
Yes indeed, they are beautiful. Are my chicks from your eggs related to these birds?? All are doing well.

I'm quite excited about my new line that I've started; they have the genetics to produce all the feather types-smooth, frizzle, silkied, and frizzle silkied. I'll post pictures when they are a bit older. I have 15 birds to select from. Can't wait until May when they start to lay.

I have three seperate lines to work with now: one for small size and personality, and the other frizzle. Kate- the two frizzle roo chicks are looking good. I think they will be a great addition to my breeding stock.

This little lady laid her first egg yesterday! She's certainly not perfect, but I adore her. She's my first Serama. I can't wait until spring to get hatching eggs from you Kate!

This little lady laid her first egg yesterday! She's certainly not perfect, but I adore her. She's my first Serama. I can't wait until spring to get hatching eggs from you Kate!
As someone who looks for birds of "pet quality"-personality, friendliness, tame, she sounds great. And looks good too. I'd love to see a clearer picture-she looks to be my favorite coloration.

Of all my birds, this little guy is my favorite-also not perfect.

Tiny Tim-4 ounces at 3 months of age. He crowed for the first time today. The cutest little sound unlike his siblings who already sound like ROOSTERS and are considerably larger.

She's gorgeous!!! Hope I'm still on the list for eggs
fl.gif
smile.png
Of course you are
big_smile.png

Yes indeed, they are beautiful. Are my chicks from your eggs related to these birds?? All are doing well.

I'm quite excited about my new line that I've started; they have the genetics to produce all the feather types-smooth, frizzle, silkied, and frizzle silkied. I'll post pictures when they are a bit older. I have 15 birds to select from. Can't wait until May when they start to lay.

I have three seperate lines to work with now: one for small size and personality, and the other frizzle. Kate- the two frizzle roo chicks are looking good. I think they will be a great addition to my breeding stock.
Yes they are related, I believe you have a fun sibling to both of those birds that hatched! They tend to produce the same color pattern a lot, so I can guess most of the time after they hatch. I can't wait to see pictures and I am glad that my birds turned out well!

So exciting! She is beautiful too!! I will put you on my list a well!
As someone who looks for birds of "pet quality"-personality, friendliness, tame, she sounds great. And looks good too. I'd love to see a clearer picture-she looks to be my favorite coloration.

Of all my birds, this little guy is my favorite-also not perfect.

Tiny Tim-4 ounces at 3 months of age. He crowed for the first time today. The cutest little sound unlike his siblings who already sound like ROOSTERS and are considerably larger.
I agree too, it it not always about the quality of the birds you have. But, more so about if you enjoy seramas. My favorite serama was a disabled frizzle hen that someone gave to me. They didn't want her because she wasn't "good" quality and couldn'y be used for breeding. She actually played eggs and I got 2 gorgeous frizzles from her before she died. I loved her to pieces, but unfortunately she passed our to complications.

we finished one of the two new shelf breeding pens! I love them so much! The birds can stay much drier and warmer. So far half of mine have moved in. It fits about 4 comfortably, but I have only 3 in each one. I made chicken tractors too, so that they can go outside when the weather is better!
wee.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
D.gif

Not to mention how well behaved the roosters have been throughout all of this renovations! Spartan had to live with three other roosters for 2 months and he tolerated it awesome! He didn't hurt or attack any of them! That goes to show what breeding for temperament can do!

How are all your guys birds doing?

Back
Top Bottom