• Cream

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • WE ARE STUCK WITH THIS POLL

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters
Think about her quality of life Cyprus.
Is it fair to keep her alive when she can’t get around well and has serious health problems?
Can you let her free range or forage for most of the day in a protected area?
She free ranges every day on every inch of 5 acres.
She has a very healthy appetite, drinks well and loves to be with the other chickens

I had a wonderful buff orp who had the a lot of the same things as her. (Not mites, luckily) She had bumblefoot all the time, scaly legs (Can chickens get arthritis? Pretty sure she had that) and two very long spurs. Pretty sure she had a pendulous crop too. She lived for a good eight years- pretty good for a buff orp. Her last couple of months were spent by my side, next to me- for walking was hard for her.

All I can say just is comfort. Make her days happy. :)

I had a wonderful buff orp who had the a lot of the same things as her. (Not mites, luckily) She had bumblefoot all the time, scaly legs (Can chickens get arthritis? Pretty sure she had that) and two very long spurs. Pretty sure she had a pendulous crop too. She lived for a good eight years- pretty good for a buff orp. Her last couple of months were spent by my side, next to me- for walking was hard for her.

All I can say just is comfort. Make her days happy. :)
I am trying to keep her comfortable, but also trying to heal what I can.
Something is very obviously wrong with her left hock joint, but I'm not positive on the cause. She has fluid filled pockets all around the joint, it is swollen and sits at a wrong angle. I would like to see if I can get a vet to examine it. I'm just hoping I can pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom