Kebonnixs Incubator & Govee

Pics

TeePants

Songster
10 Years
Aug 11, 2011
Just set up the incubator and I bought the Govee Bluetooth therm/hygrometer as the article by TwoCrows suggested!

I am gonna give it a couple more hours (I have not added water) but the incubator is reading at 99.5, 26%, but the Govee says 97.0 & 18. Seems like an awfully big difference.

Should I go grab a mercury thermometer to be sure? I have had only garbage experiences with the cheap digital therm/hygrometers, we had a bunch for our hermit crab habitat and they were all over the place.

I don’t go pick up eggs until Monday so I’ve got some time to figure it out.

Just set up the incubator and I bought the Govee Bluetooth therm/hygrometer as the article by TwoCrows suggested!

I am gonna give it a couple more hours (I have not added water) but the incubator is reading at 99.5, 26%, but the Govee says 97.0 & 18. Seems like an awfully big difference.

Should I go grab a mercury thermometer to be sure? I have had only garbage experiences with the cheap digital therm/hygrometers, we had a bunch for our hermit crab habitat and they were all over the place.

I don’t go pick up eggs until Monday so I’ve got some time to figure it out.
Can you salt test????? That’s the best way to tell how far your hygrometers are off! I just ran updated salt tests on mine prior to last hatch and found that 1 was 10% low and other was 8% low. Ended with best hatch ever as result of updated testing!!!!

Can you salt test????? That’s the best way to tell how far your hygrometers are off! I just ran updated salt tests on mine prior to last hatch and found that 1 was 10% low and other was 8% low. Ended with best hatch ever as result of updated testing!!!!
I (used to) know how to do the salt test, but will it work for the Bluetooth sensor? I don’t think I’ve ever tried it with a digital one; I had dials with the herms that I calibrated.

edit: I googled it! Ok, that seems safe. I will calibrate it now. I’m more worried about the 2.5 degree temperature difference?

I (used to) know how to do the salt test, but will it work for the Bluetooth sensor? I don’t think I’ve ever tried it with a digital one; I had dials with the herms that I calibrated.

edit: I googled it! Ok, that seems safe. I will calibrate it now. I’m more worried about the 2.5 degree temperature difference?
@Overo Mare and @sealer39 just used the govee on recent hatches......they may be more help on what they did to ensure calibration was correct.

I have two Govees. I used three other thermometers I had on hand to calibrate the temps on both of them. I adjusted the temp up about one degree on both. I tested the temp and the humidity on both twice before I started the incubation. My eggs aren’t due to hatch yet so I can’t report whether I have success with them yet.

Well I ordered another brand digital therm/hygrometer that should get here tonight. I can grab an analog one too. Do I need a second govee? Wasn’t actually sure if the app could read two different govee of the same model at once.

Well I ordered another brand digital therm/hygrometer that should get here tonight. I can grab an analog one too. Do I need a second govee? Wasn’t actually sure if the app could read two different govee of the same model at once.
I recommend two of whatever brand works best for you just in case one quits during incubation.

You really need to calibrate your thermometer. Any thermometer that does not have some sort of waterproof probe is mostly useless.

Also you can have 100 thermometers in your bator but you still won't know what the temp actually is until you calibrate one.

Instead of making blanket statements that are of no use, try offering some advice or recommendations that have worked for you in the past.

Back
Top Bottom