Keene, NH Sun. June 14th, 2009 Chickenstock @ Agway

They will want to test all of your birds,not just the birds you bring to the swap.You are opening a can of worms.The price is .25 per bird,and then you have to pay for mileage.Last year is was 47.5 cents per mile.IF YOU DO HAVE YOUR BIRDS TESTED,MAKE SURE THEY CLEAN THE BLADE WITH ALCOHOL AFTER EVERY BIRD.They did not plan on doing this when I had mine tested and I stopped them until it was done.I had to supply the alcohol,they do not carry it with them.
In N.H.,Tony,.

It is the State Veterinary office...they are good peoples. Very knowledgable and will hopefully provide us with Biosecurity educational materials for those new flock owners.
cool.png

Does anyone happen to know what it takes to become a "tester"? My wife is a Vet Tech by trade with a Bachelors in Vet Medicine and a minor in Biology. FWIW we went to a seminar on small flock management and met the state Vet for NH, he seemed like a pretty cool guy... I guess we should have asked him.

Dave

Quote:
someone needs a new job!

what day is better sat or sun?

Sundays definitely work better for me.

I did end up getting this Sat off so I can go to the Lambing Clinic. My boss actually changed her plans for me... I have an awesome boss (and I do totally love my job... just kind of a pain to work every Sat). I can't get March 21st off tho because it's my boss' birthday weekend, so I wouldn't expect her to cover for me. But there are a lot of swaps coming up, so I'll make as many as I can!

Back
Top Bottom