1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Keep different breeds in the same coop?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by mochicken, Oct 24, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    My uncle gave me 6 pigeons, there are three different breeds and 2 of each breed.

He had them in a shed converted to a GIANT coop/aviary with pigeons, pheasants, quail, and chukar partridges so I am guessing it would be ok. I am building a coop today and want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I am going to be building an 8ftx8ft enclosure for them to live in and I ordered a 30x50 "aviary netting" so I can add on a "hoop house" aviary for them to fly and play.

Does all this sound ok?

2. hookedonpigeons

hookedonpigeons Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Rural Hall, NC
    Sounds great!! [​IMG] What breeds are they?

3. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I dont know honestly, here is a pic from when I brought them home, sorry about the bad pic, its too dark here already to take any more pics tonight, I will take better ones on my next day off which will be Thursday or Friday.

The ones that are tan have feathered feet, I dont think any of the others do. The black ones are kinda weird, they puff their chests up kinda weird. I am going to do some more research on them but my uncle had no idea of what they were.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Sounds good
    black ones are Pouters (dont know what kind) and I see some Old German Owls

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  5. larrylofts

larrylofts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    LOTT TX
    The Black Birds Arebrunner Pouters The Colored Wing Birds Are Old German Owls The Yellow Is A Cauphcine Cross

6. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    wow thanks for identifying them Larry, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by