Investigating Keep getting a pop up

Ya nifty chicken your site has a bot somewhere with an advertiser that's infecting Safari and iPhone users.
It's all over the internet.
If you can track down what advertiser is sending over this tracker that would solve the problem.
We can't solve it from our device side.

Ya nifty chicken your site has a bot somewhere with an advertiser that's infecting Safari and iPhone users.
If you can track down what advertiser is sending over this tracker that would solve the problem.
Safari desktop users have not had a problem.

I'll be more clear. iPhone users using Safari. Apples default browser on the iPhone. I'm guessing the majority of your members are on desktop/tablet/Android phones or I suspect you'd have a mutiny on your hands. There's a lot of discussion traffic on the internet on this topic.
The genesis Is advertisers sending over trackers that are permeating a apple code hole in Safari.
Apples not fixing the bug. Users can't fix from their iPhone device, so right now the only fix is to ask the sites to track down the advertiser(s) sending over the trackers.
I know this site has an advertiser tracker causing the pop up cause I just reset all my settings back to factory, updated my OS And safari version, among many other things. The first site I visited was this one and immediately got the pop up. Which is how the apple discussion boards say how to identify the site or sites that have the advertiser trackers.

Last edited:
I'll be more clear. iPhone users using Safari. Apples default browser on the iPhone. I'm guessing the majority of your members are on desktop/tablet/Android phones or I suspect you'd have a mutiny on your hands. There's a lot of discussion traffic on the internet on this topic.
The genesis Is advertisers sending over trackers that are permeating a apple code hole in Safari.
Apples not fixing the bug. Users can't fix from their iPhone device, so right now the only fix is to ask the sites to track down the advertiser(s) sending over the trackers.
I know this site has an advertiser tracker causing the pop up cause I just reset all my settings back to factory, updated my OS And safari version, among many other things. The first site I visited was this one and immediately got the pop up. Which is how the apple discussion boards say how to identify the site or sites that have the advertiser trackers.
I'm on safari, and not getting any popups. :idunno

FWIW Apple did release an update for iPhone on February 19, 2018.
I do not know if it has anything to do with this just thought I would mention it.

Back
Top Bottom