Keep pigeons out of duck coop!

Artoflife90

Songster
Jul 6, 2020
Phoenix Az
Hello everyone,

For the past few weeks I seen more and more pigeons make their way to my backyard. I leave the coop open during the day so my ducks can go in and out for food and water. However, sometimes I come outside to find 10-15 pigeons inside the coop eating up all the food. Now I am having to refill the food tray multiple times a day when before it use to last them the whole day. I am thinking of buying a scarecrow. Not really sure if it will actually work 😅.. Anyone has more solutions to my problem? Please comment.

Hello everyone,

For the past few weeks I seen more and more pigeons make their way to my backyard. I leave the coop open during the day so my ducks can go in and out for food and water. However, sometimes I come outside to find 10-15 pigeons inside the coop eating up all the food. Now I am having to refill the food tray multiple times a day when before it use to last them the whole day. I am thinking of buying a scarecrow. Not really sure if it will actually work 😅.. Anyone has more solutions to my problem? Please comment.
Pellet gun?

That problem will only get worse as long as the pigeons know they have free access to your Ducks food.

Anyway to start feeding your ducks in a different place and only enough feed so there will not be any left over for the pigeons? I would guess once the pigeons figure out the food source is no longer available for them, they will move on.

Then there is always the permanent solution to the problem. IMO, any type of a scare device you can buy may work for a short time and turn out to be a waste of money in the end.

Any way to put cheap netting over everything? Can you post some pics, that might spark ideas from other members. Best of luck. :)

That problem will only get worse as long as the pigeons know they have free access to your Ducks food.

Anyway to start feeding your ducks in a different place and only enough feed so there will not be any left over for the pigeons? I would guess once the pigeons figure out the food source is no longer available for them, they will move on.

Then there is always the permanent solution to the problem. IMO, any type of a scare device you can buy may work for a short time and turn out to be a waste of money in the end.

Any way to put cheap netting over everything? Can you post some pics, that might spark ideas from other members. Best of luck. :)
Of course, I will post a video below so you can get an idea of how it’s set up.

Great video Thank you. You obviously need to keep the Coop doors closed and or string cheap netting across the top to keep the pigeons out.

Back
Top Bottom