Keeper the button quail laying an egg pics

Last weekend I sat for 10 minutes at least in the cold watching my barred rock lay an egg. My husband thought the chickens attacked me I was gone so long.

Quote:
thanks!!! Those werent professional by any means but atleast youcan tell what's going on lol!!! The main reason i wanted to document it is because many button quail breeders say they dont ever see their hens lay....this is the second time i've seen my hens lay so I wanted to show it to others. The first time i saw them lay was Pippin, she cried and it was obviously painful for her, she puffed up her feathers, and dropped wings and made this sad cry.....ifelt bad for her but as soon as she plopped it out she was back to button quail activities (walking around peeping) LOL!

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
hit.gif
Sounds like my husband.

Quote:
nope it's carefresh bedding
smile.png
it's made out of a tissue type paper
smile.png
really comfy
smile.png

I may have to try some of that...your quails seem to love it ...maybe mine will
smile.png

Quote:
nope it's carefresh bedding
smile.png
it's made out of a tissue type paper
smile.png
really comfy
smile.png

I may have to try some of that...your quails seem to love it ...maybe mine will
smile.png

yep they burrow right into it and make a perfect little nest. I really do believe they love it too
smile.png
Carefresh comes in a ton of different colors, i get the grey because it's the cheapest. They have pure white, and pink, purple etc.
big_smile.png

Too cool Niki - I've never seen mine lay!!! And Kpax is BEAUTIFUL!!! Looks just like his mama -

I didn't see, but did hear one of my quail lay an egg today. I was feeding them and heard a high pitched WEEEEEE. I put the feeder back in and there was an egg!

Back
Top Bottom