Keeper the button quail laying an egg pics

Quote:
yeah in the summer (unless theres a dry spring day) i'll spoil them with some dirt or sand to dustbathe in but i'm actually cool with them distroying what they should be eating as long as they eat some of it lol! Luckily they do or i'd have a ton of dead birds
wink.png

My quails in the hutch get pine bedding in thier indoor part, I only give it to them once a week because almost all of the pine is out of the indoor part underneath the wire part of the hutch within an hour or two of giving it to them lmao!!!!

I'm dealing with some nasties in my smaller pens. Had a large hen scalp a smaller hen...same happened in another pen so now I have two booboo quails in the spare (whats now being called...) hospital pen. Poor girls
sad.png
I'm starting to cull out the aggressive quail (one male and one hen so far). I have enough birds to work with that I can spare to loose a few aggressive ones. Maybe eventually I'll breed more docile birds in the process...probably wishful thinking but it'd be nice.
smile.png

Maybe you should put the two aggressive ones together, so they can teach each other a lesson. Or they'll cull themselves, and you won't have to worry about it!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom