Keeping a dust bath dry?!

Have you heard of a mass rocket stove.? I believe that is what they are called. You could run your stove pipe"chimney" under the sand. Have the heat barrel in the coop or run. Sorry to say it but killing 2 birds with one stone. Heating both run and coop. You can find plans by typing it in. One day is like to try to heat a barn using one, without potential of a fire, having fire box outside???

Hi! I live in the UK where it is wet. It rains a lot, especially in the winter and the chooks have only wet ground to dust bath in. How can I make a dust bath that stays dry from rain and permeation of water?
How about using a kitty litter box that has a top on it. It might be a bit small but that depends on the size of your birds. I have dirt in my coop so they bathe in their coop.

How about using a kitty litter box that has a top on it. It might be a bit small but that depends on the size of your birds. I have dirt in my coop so they bathe in their coop.
I think it would be too small :( My chooks aren't bantams. We plan on transforming a 6 by 8 shed and then we will put the dust bath in there but for now

Back
Top Bottom