Keeping American Games / American Gamefowl as Yard Ornaments

Several years ago Anthony Saville from South Carolina created an American Game Fowl Standards for both large and bantam size games. Mr. Saville is a poultry judge and is very knowledgeable of game fowl. They had several shows, but I haven't heard much about them. Does anyone know if the American Game Fowl Society still exist?

Here in Missouri with what I have you can expect to get 80 to 120 eggs per year from hens as old as 3 years old. Hens come into lay in February / March when not supplemental lighting used and might lay as many as 20 eggs almost one per day until going broody when going out of lay for a couple weeks before resuming to repeat. You can get multiple cycles with most hens ending those roughly in August. First year hens can lay well into fall in a similar pattern.

I had to edit. Son making me build a paper airplane.

Last edited:
I think I'll be closer in regards to climate than Centra. I eat my share of games and as far as a baked breast no, but if u would use the whole chicken in a gumbo type dish yes. There's just not much by itself. Eggs I get from approx mid late Feb to Oct average every other day. Nov thru Jan no eggs

Back
Top Bottom