Keeping chickens off my porch!

jenna j

Chirping
Jan 3, 2018
I love my feathered friends but I’m so tired of them pooping on our porches! They’re all free range, and they always end up on the back and front porch. Any idea on how to keep them off of them? I can’t fence the area to keep them out unfortunately and leaving them in the coop isn’t an option. Ughh I’m stumped!

I love my feathered friends but I’m so tired of them pooping on our porches! They’re all free range, and they always end up on the back and front porch. Any idea on how to keep them off of them? I can’t fence the area to keep them out unfortunately and leaving them in the coop isn’t an option. Ughh I’m stumped!
Pfftttt, I don't what you're worrying about.:p:lol:

P8051685.JPG

I wish that was an option too. We live on a slab so the porch is wide open. I’ve tried to refrain from feeding them near the house. Maybe they’re just tying to stay warm by staying close to the house. Who knows!

I wish that was an option too. We live on a slab so the porch is wide open. I’ve tried to refrain from feeding them near the house. Maybe they’re just tying to stay warm by staying close to the house. Who knows!
I think part of it is safety. It would be nice to think they just can't bear being apart from us but I think the truth is a bit more mundane.

I've had to fish a chicken out of the toilet before, they'll walk right on and help themselves to the cat food.
@Shadrach What kind of comb is on that roo? It looks like a walnut x Buttercup from here.
Perhaps add a adjustable doggie gate to your porch?
I have no idea what type of comb it is to be honest. It's not something I bother about.

We keep a broom with bright pink bristles on the porch. Seems to work. The same broom is used to shoo them away from places we don't want them to go, so maybe it's already been reinforced that the broom means "we're not supposed to be here!".

Back
Top Bottom