Keeping Chickens When You Have Arthritis.

Pics
I miss the seafood diet, if I did it now i'd blow up like a balloon and be stiff as a board. Kinda sad, I love eating.:(
got that right when you always snack there is probably something missing in the diet
I do the seafood diet see food I eat :gigif I have allot of spice I pay, ibs I eat yogurt not ice cream same thing when Tillamook makes it.. still on my two cups of coffee got up way too early

My problem is they were giving me 4 steroid shots a year plus injecting the nodules when they were causing me pain. I would pork on 25 pounds. Always hungry, always went to fat no matter how active I was. Loose it in time for another shot. It was a vicious cycle.

This spring I proclaimed enough and went on a strict diet. So far I've lost about 15 pounds. Need to loose another 10 at least. Doc once told me a good weight for me was 117-118. I'm 65 though and realistic. I'm shooting for 120-125 as I am only 5'2" tall. Unfortunately I really like food also but eating healthy has become about the only way I know how to eat now.

I need for my hubby to come read this thread. I have told him that I just need things more accessible, but he thinks I am just overdoing it with my own physical issues.
I don't have nearly as many chickens (or ducks) as most of you and when things become hard, I figure out ways to make it easier on myself. Keeping things organized is very helpful and less fatiguing. If something is hard to open, I figure out another container for it, etc. I need to invest in a cart, but we also have a utv - so if things are too much to carryng back and forth, I just get that out to haul things. :)

I need for my hubby to come read this thread. I have told him that I just need things more accessible, but he thinks I am just overdoing it with my own physical issues.
I don't have nearly as many chickens (or ducks) as most of you and when things become hard, I figure out ways to make it easier on myself. Keeping things organized is very helpful and less fatiguing. If something is hard to open, I figure out another container for it, etc. I need to invest in a cart, but we also have a utv - so if things are too much to carryng back and forth, I just get that out to haul things. :)
Definitely Soon2B! Both on getting hubby to read the thread and on organizing thing so they are easier for you.

My biggest thing to overcome is not feeling bad about asking for help. I married late, I was 52 and pretty independent and used to doing things for myself. I have a loving husband who doesn't hesitate to help me when I need a package or jar opened. He just ran into town for me and made a grocery store run as we were out of milk. Still, sometimes it's hard to say I need help, but it's getting easier to admit it.

Penny, I try not to get too thin. I watched my mom go from a robust and healthy145 to well under 100 pounds before she passed away. I could lift her in bed and position her with ease. All it takes is getting good and sick once to drop a lot of weight to the point that you are malnourished. SO I'm shooting for 120-125.

okay made it home bought a canning food jam or tomato mill for blackberry jam we like the seeds to a point but not all, I actually like my weight now but happy in my skin always have been not large but not tiny either dropping 5 would be great but will not diet but do have yogurt often for ibd, when Graves hit I was down to 70 nothing flat just the same as cancer and chemo so know the dangers well

Back
Top Bottom